AUSSI DISPONIBLE EN FRANÇAIS. Suivez ce lien:
Size: 11 pages, PDF file, 940 KB, Adobe Reader needed
Knowledge of the basic crochet stitches (chain stitch, single crochet).
LEFT-HANDED VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE
All you need to know to start exploring wire crochet.
This tutorial will save you hours of trial and error, helping you avoid costly mistake and many painful headaches.
You will learn:
- What are the best kinds of wire and hooks to use;
- The proper way to hold your work and your hook when working with wire;
- How to maintain a good and regular tension;
- How to produce well-formed and even stitches throughout your work;
- How to crochet with beads;
- How to finish your pieces;
... and many other useful tips
You will need :
- 28ga (0,32 mm) round, dead-soft wire (brass, copper or artistic wire for practice)
- Hooks in various sizes, starting from 1,25 mm (# 8, US);
- Assortment of beads in various sizes and shapes for practice;
- Cutters (or nail-clipper)
- Round-nose pliers
- Chain-nose and/or flat-nose pliers (2)
This tutorial includes:
- 11 pages of clear instructions, tips and tricks, with close to 30 pictures.
- Links to three short videos illustrating the different steps in the execution of the technique.
- DOES NOT INCLUDE the jewellery displayed on this page nor the patterns to make them. They are shown only as an example of what can be done after lots of learning, practice and experimenting.
SORRY, NO TUTORIAL WILL BE SENT BY REGULAR MAIL.