Sorry, this item sold. Have hissyfitoly make something just for you, or try these other items:
Inspired by one of my all-time favorite vintage 50's dresses (made by "Slimuette"), I've reverse-engineered it's best features into my design & dressmaking. Why do I love this design (love it so much that I've worn my vintage version to shreds)? Because:
- it really fits (standing, sitting, walking, reaching),
- it actually flatters (with classic design "tricks" that make the body appear slimmer), - & it's everyday wear appropriate (not too fancy, not too plain, just right, and with POCKETS for your hands & stuff).
My version of the Slimuette Dress has:
• a roomy bodice (top), shaped with princess seaming & bust darts, plus a center-front panel on the lower bodice that holds everything in without being binding (the secret = it's lined for reinforcement + structure & uses bias-cutting to gently shape).
• separate, pleated panels that frame the front neckline in a soft, v-shape (these are also lined, but with dress fabric, so there's no unsightly lining or raw edges peeking out here).
• a 2-piece, front-band trim across the bust that completes the retro-look (while also hiding the seam that joins the center-bodice panels), with the added touch of 2 vintage buttons (stacked) here to complete the look
• short, kimono-style sleeves (cut of a piece with the bodice), finished with separate, folded-up cuffs.
• a generous (but not too full), 4 panel skirt (bottom), designed for more room through the "seat" (i.e. room for sitting down comfortably)
• shaped, hip-line front pockets that visually slim the look here, plus give you a place to put your hands/other stuff.
A few last details:
- dress fabrics are a vintage 1950's cotton remnant with a super-cute kitten print, and a matching-color pink cotton-linen broadcloth with a nice nubby texture but still crisp & fresh.
- dress closes with a side-seam zipper
- generous skirt hem is blind stitched (so invisible when worn = a classic touch).
• Bust = 53 inches around
• Waist = 42 inches around
• Hips = 55 inches around
• Length (at center back) = 14.5 inches neckline to waist (+) 22 inches waist to bottom edge
• Sleeves = 17.5 inches around at bottom edges
Oh, and check out Hissyfit's Policies page for more info about the usual payment/shipping/refund ba-jazz, as well as tips on how to measure for your best fit & place a custom-order (imagine, a version of this design made in your fave colors & custom-fit to your body!) = http://www.etsy.com/shop/hissyfitoly/policy
(measuring & custom-order info are at the bottom of this page).
(sorry the photos on model, not dummy, are so f-ing blurry. Just wanted to give you an idea of on-a-real-body look.)
Slimuette Dress - plus size - KITTENS pink vintage fabric - 53B-42W-55H
- Handmade item
- Materials: pattern drafting supplies, depreciation on my machines and tools, electricity to run everything, new sewing machine needle, thread, vintage cotton kitten print fabric, vintage cotton linen blend pink fabric, vintage buttons, vintage zipper, 6 hours design and production time, handmade honesty, KITTENS
- Feedback: 279 reviews
- Ships worldwide from Washington, United States