NOTE: This listing is for the purchase of a PDF pattern ONLY, not the actual finished item. With your purchase, you will be receiving a digital download of instructions on how to make your own crochet item.
Inspired by those little fichus worn by modest Victorian-era women, this feminine crochet capelette, or shoulderette, makes a perfect accessory for that special wedding or prom day or wear it more casually to dress up you T-shirts and jeans.
PATTERN DETAILS: Lacey crochet shells form the body of the capelette. Shells with picot stitches create the edging. A 6-petal, multilayer rose (instructions included) closes the capelette, or wear the rose separately as a brooch, or use it as an embellishment for your hats, scarves and handbags. A self-tie with dainty flower blossom ends completes the look. Or, for a different effect, omit the tie and weave in ribbon to match your prom dress or wedding/bridal/bridesmaid gown. This versatile pattern offers many options.
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: approx. 24” (61 cm) at neck edge; 40-1/2” (103 cm) at bottom edge; 7-1/2” (19 cm) length
SKILL LEVEL: With its simple shaping and basic stitches, I would rate this pattern as EASY.
MATERIALS: The featured yarn is Knit Picks® Bare Stroll Sport Yarn, which is an undyed blend of 75% merino wool, 25% nylon and has a crochet gauge of 16 - 20 sc = 4” (10 cm) when using a size E thru 7 (3.5 mm - 4.5 mm) hook. You will need one 274 yard (250.5 m) hank.
You may also choose dyed Stroll Sport Yarn, which is put up in balls of 137 yards (125.3 m) - You will then need two balls.
You will also need:
- Crochet hook size size H/8 (5.0 mm) or size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Tapestry needle for working in yarn ends.
- Purchased Pinback - 1” (2.54 cm).
This crochet pattern is written in U.S. terms, with measurements in both U.S. and metric terms, and includes:
- Photo(s) of the finished project.
- Complete materials list.
- Yarn substitution guidance.
- Gauge information.
- Stitch guide providing step-by-step instructions for special stitches.
- Stitch counts provided at the ends of rounds/rows.
- Notes and tips to make your crocheting experience easier and more pleasurable.
- Quick Reference Appendix provides detailed descriptions of crochet abbreviations, symbols, basic crochet stitches, special crochet techniques, U.S./U.K stitch conversions, U.S./metric hook size conversions and more.
PATTERN DELIVERY - DIRECT DOWNLOAD - HOW IT WORKS: When you have purchased a digital pattern, you will receive an instant prompt for download of the files purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also access the download page by going to your purchase page and clicking "view receipt."
-You are purchasing this pattern in PDF form, and will require a PDF reader on your computer in order to view the pattern. You can download Adobe Reader for free here: http://www.adobe.com. Hard copies are not available.
- As a PDF download, there are no shipping fees.
- Patterns are a final sale - due to their digital nature, they are not eligible for return or refund.
COPYRIGHT: This pattern is protected by copyright and may not be duplicated or sold. This pattern may be printed for the personal use of the purchaser only, and may not in any form be reproduced or distributed, in part or in whole, through any venue, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise.
You are welcome to sell items that you have personally made from this pattern, but you may not reproduce, sell or distribute (including distribution at no charge) the pattern itself. Mass production of items made from this pattern is prohibited without prior written consent. Thank you for respecting my copyright.
Thanks for shopping at CityStyle Crochet!