Sorry, this item sold. Have BackBayPottery make something just for you, or try these other items:
This unique pin is handmade with ceramic clay and glazed in my aqua rain color. The bird is hand drawn with a special slip trailing technique. The clay brakes through the glaze to reveal the design.
The pin is sure to inspire creativity and add that special touch to your favorite coat lapel, hat, bag, scarf or cardigan.
Measures just under 1 1/2" diameter
This is for one (1) brooch pin.
I attached a brooch pin to the back with industrial strength glue. I always use lead-free glaze and high fire in my own kiln.
The brooches are made one at a time so each piece has its own unique handmade character and may have slightly different designs, sizes, shapes and color variations.
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 24 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 6-8 hours to reach about 1900 degrees. It takes about 12 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 2200 degrees. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
WRAPPING - You items come in Back Bay Pottery Signature Gift Wrap and a pretty string. Ready for gift giving to yourself or someone you love...