Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Diaper Bags
A diaper bag is a storage bag for caretakers of babies and toddlers. Diaper bags typically have pockets and compartments to hold everyday items for taking care of small children, including diapers, wipes, and changing pads. Modern diaper bags have evolved to be both functional and stylish, featuring innovative accessories and exquisite designs. Whether you're a first-time dad who wants a leather diaper bag that works with your sleek style or a retro-loving mom searching for a cute vintage diaper bag, you’ll find what you’re looking for from the shops on Etsy.
The wide selection of diaper bags is enough to make it easy for any soon-to-be parent to find what they need. Consider your style and how you want to carry your diaper bag to start honing in on the perfect choice for you and your little one. Here are just a few of the types of diaper bags available:
- Tote: A diaper bag tote has one long shoulder strap and two short handles. They have enough room for daily use without being cumbersome.
- Backpack: The most common current style, backpack diaper bags look like standard backpacks with two padded, adjustable straps. They come with multiple pockets, compartments, and features.
- Messenger: Messenger bags, also known as slings or cross-body diaper bags, have one strap and can be carried on the shoulder or across the chest.
- Convertible: Convertible diaper bags combine multiple styles in one. This is a versatile option when you’re sharing your bag with others who have different carrying preferences.
- Clutch: The diaper clutch is an ultra-portable diaper bag purse. This small diaper bag fits wipes and a few diapers and is perfect for traveling short distances or tucking into a larger bag.
- Custom: Give a custom diaper bag for a special baby shower gift.
Once you know the style you’re after, it comes down to those extra little details. Some of the most popular diaper bag features include:
- Changing pad: Some diaper bags include a changing pad with its own pocket, making it easy to find and store.
- Insulation: Insulated diaper bags have cooling compartments that usually include ice packs for storing temperature-sensitive food.
- Bottle pockets: Bottle pockets are designed to snuggly hold standard baby bottles in place to help prevent leaks.
Most parents have left the house with their children and realized later on that they forgot to pack something important. While it’s easier to remember things like diapers, wipes, and changing pads, here are a few other useful items to tuck into your diaper bag:
- Reusable bags: Washable reusable bags are a lifesaver if you need to clean up a mess on the go. They allow you to keep soiled clothes, spills, or other messes contained.
- Nursing pads: Don’t forget to include self-care for parents in your bag. Nursing pads are a must-have for breastfeeding parents to help prevent leaks from showing on clothes.
- Burp clothes: You can never have enough burp cloths. They not only come in handy if your baby spits up, but they also double as washcloths, face wipes, and more.
- Muslin: Muslin is an ultra-soft, highly breathable fabric perfect for babies. Big muslin cloths fold down compactly and can be used for an extra layer of warmth, a backup swaddle, or a soft place to rest baby’s head.