Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Journals & Notebooks
Journals and notebooks are bound collections of paper to fill with whatever you want—thoughts, dreams, scribbles, drawings, notes, stickers—the list goes on and on. Whether you’re working on your first novel, jotting down your ideas, sketching the world around you, or just doodling, there’s nothing like a fresh notebook. Even in the computer age, there’s just something special about picking up a pen or pencil and making strokes on paper. Etsy sellers make all kinds of notebooks and journals, from lined to blank, hardcover to soft-cover, in beautiful, eye-catching designs.
There are multiple activities you can do with notebooks and journals. Notebooks and journals are tools for unlocking creativity and letting it flow. Here are just a few of the ways you can use notebooks.
- Practice writing: Whether you’re writing fiction, non-fiction, or poetry, play around with syntax, metaphor, simile, dialogue, and description with lined writing journals.
- Daily diary: Not only is recording your thoughts and feelings a good practice for self-reflection, but it’s a great way to relax and preserve your ideas for years to come. Bullet journals help add structure and scheduling to the process.
- Scrapbooking: Scrapbooking journals, also known as junk journals, are a fun, creative way to remember special moments. Etsy shops sell all kinds of imaginative scrapbook supplies, including journals, notebooks, stationary, and stickers.
- Art practice: Blank journals make great sketchbooks drawing out in the wild. Some even have watercolor paper when you want to channel your inner impressionist.
- Travel log: Compile a personal map of your journey, detailing great places to eat when you visit again. Hold receipts, tickets, and mementos to help you remember your odyssey for years to come. Make sure to get some fun washi tape to hold it all together.
Journals and notebooks make great gifts for students, writers, artists, and anyone who could use an outlet to be creative. Giving someone special a notebook or journal as a gift tells your recipient their thoughts, feelings, and art are good enough and important enough to be put down on paper. Some Etsy sellers will even work with you to craft custom journals with a personalized cover, or give the book lover in your life the tools to make their own journal from scratch with a DIY journal kit.