Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Beads
Beads are among the most common jewelry-making supplies for making beautiful trinkets.
Feeling crafty? String together a lovely necklace or bracelet of clay beads or glass beads interspersed with bead inserts and charms for a simple, one-of-a-kind piece.
Choosing your own beads for jewelry making lets you infuse your piece with unique style and personalize your creations for loved ones. It's also a fun way to get kids interested in crafting and DIY.
Decorative beads come in a dizzying array of sizes, designs, and colors, from tiny seed beads to intricately carved metal beads. Some are smooth and shiny; others are carved with intricate designs. Some are painted by hand, and others dazzle in their natural state.
You'll need the right jewelry-making and beading tools to manifest your design, as well as proper bead storage for everything you use to make it.
Decorative beads for jewelry making and home decor come in all kinds of materials, each with its own look and feel. Some of the most common are:
- Gemstone beads: Gorgeous gemstones rank easily among the most popular bead materials. Multicolored tourmaline, beguiling tiger eye, and bright turquoise are just some of the many types of gemstone beads that sellers on Etsy carry.
- Glass beads: Another fantastic option for adding color, glass beads also come in many different textures, from smooth and shiny to smoky glass.
- Metal beads: Add some glam to your jewelry creations with metal beads made of silver, gold, stainless steel, bronze, and more.
- Clay beads: A favorite for craft projects, polymer clay beads typically come in sets of hundreds or even thousands in every color imaginable.
- Ceramic beads: Handmade ceramic beads impart a charming artisanal look. Some even feature intricate, hand-painted designs such as florals and animals.
- Wooden beads: Wooden beads are commonly used in home decor for their natural appeal. They come in smooth, painted, and carved designs in various colors.
Beads aren't used just to make jewelry; you also can turn them into pretty pieces of home decor. For example, place large wooden beads in a decorative bowl on a side or coffee table. Or, wrap a string of them around other decorative items as an earthy accent. Add color and texture with tassels.