Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Charms
Charms have been worn as decorative accessories throughout history and still are to this day. These little touches can pack a lot of significance. Charms have been worn for luck, as well as to showcase religions, group associations, causes, hobbies, pets, and children. Whether you have one or an entire bracelet of them, accessorizing with charms shows off your personality and style.
Your reason for wearing a particular charm is personal, and there’s no right or wrong one. Here are some common motivations for adding some charm to your outfit:
- Fashion: Charm jewelry, such as charms for bracelets and necklaces, gives a finishing touch to any look. A single charm on a thin chain is a simple look that works with any outfit. Or, load up your charms for a bold conversation piece. Vintage charms bring nostalgia and warmth to your wardrobe.
- Passions and interests: Show the world what you’re all about with charms. Animal lover? There’s a charm for that. Sports? There’s a charm for that, too. Movies? Aviation? Astrology? Find a charm that says something about you.
- Luck: Who couldn’t use more good luck? People all over the world wear good luck charms. Some say wearing an evil eye charm protects against evil and others’ bad intentions.
- Souvenirs and milestones: Many people choose charms to mark important moments in their lives, like visiting different parts of the world, getting married, buying a first home, or welcoming a new baby.
- Spirituality and religion: Charms keep a sign of your faith with you at all times. Religious charms can serve as subtle reflections of your beliefs.
Charms are personal touches, and you should wear them in whatever way inspires you. Here are some of the most common ways to enjoy charms:
- Charm bracelets: Charm bracelets have been popular jewelry items for centuries. Sport a single bracelet charm on your wrist, or load your bracelet up with charms you’ve been collecting for years.
- Charm anklets: An anklet subtly showcases your jewelry charms. String as many charms on as you’d like, or keep it minimal and highlight a single charm that represents your personality.
- Charm necklaces: A charm necklace typically dangles a single charm on a long chain. Choose a necklace charm for a classy look.
- Charm earrings: Looking for something to jazz up basic hoops? Consider the wide range of charm earrings from shops on Etsy.
- Charms on bags and gear: Charms aren’t only for your body. Attach them to backpacks, purses, golf bags, or anything else you’d like to stand out from the rest.
- Charms as household decorations: Hang charms from hooks, corkboards, lamps, or other spots where you’ll enjoy them.
Charms make sweet, sentimental, stylish gifts. Honor the recipient’s favorite hobbies or symbols, or work with a seller on Etsy to create a personalized charm featuring a name, initials, saying, or whatever else you can imagine. These tiny trinkets make treasured keepsakes, and personalization makes them even more meaningful.