- Craft Supplies & Tools
- Sewing & Fiber
- Sewing & Needlecraft
- Cross Stitch
Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Cross Stitching Supplies
Cross-stitch gets its name from the X-shaped stitches sewn into a fabric of grids to create images and words. Shops on Etsy offer all the craft’s essential tools and materials including:
- Needles to pull floss or thread through canvas to create intricate, whimsical art
- Scissors and shears to cut fabric and trim threads, mistakes, bad stitches, and stubborn knots
- Hoops, frames, and stands on which to mount and display cross-stitch masterpieces
Other tools that may make cross-stitching easier include:
- Needle threaders: Needle threaders make threading needles a snap.
- Thimbles: Protect your fingers from accidental pokes—and add a little oomph to stubborn stitches—with thimbles in various materials.
- Needle minders: Shops on Etsy also have needle minders such as fabric tomatoes and magnetic dishes for when you step away from your project.
- Needle cases: Needle cases help protect needles from loss and spillage. Plus, your fingers will thank you the next time you’re rifling through your sewing basket.
- Magnifiers and task lighting: With such delicate, minuscule tools and stitches, the eyes need a bit of help sometimes. Magnifiers and task lighting help you focus exactly where you need to without squinting.
Whether you’re just starting out or looking to level up your cross-stitch game, sellers on Etsy have a host of kits and how-to supplies with everything you need. Cross-stitch kits often come with needles, thread, patterns, and tutorials all preassembled for you.
Shops on Etsy also have a wide range of books and magazines to bolster your craft.