Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Bath Mats & Rugs
When shopping for the right mat or rug for your bathroom, here are a few factors to keep in mind.
- Style: Consider your bathroom’s overall style. Whether that’s modern, traditional, industrial, or boho-chic, you want your rug to match your bathroom decor.
- Color: Bath rugs should match the color palette of the room and complement other items in it, like the shower curtain.
- Pattern: Patterned rugs and other fun bath mats can liven up the bathroom, especially if your shower curtain and bath towels are neutral. In a bathroom that’s already full of patterns, a solid-color mat helps to ground the look.
- Size: Time to get out the tape measure to make sure you find the right fit. From small bath mats for compact spaces to bath rug runners for sprawling bathrooms, Etsy sellers make options in all shapes and sizes, including custom rugs designed to fit your washroom.
- Material: The material impacts both how a bath mat looks and how it feels underfoot, from luxurious rugs to soothe your freshly-washed toes to practical non-slip mats.
The best material for a bathroom rug depends on what looks best with the room’s decor and speaks to your personal style. Consider the feel of the material as well, since you'll be stepping on it every time you leave the bath or shower.
- Memory foam: Memory foam bath mats provide excellent water absorption and support for your feet. The extra padding and velvety soft feel make these mats a popular choice.
- Cotton: Soft, absorbent, and quick-drying, there's a lot to love about cotton bath rugs. It's no surprise it is one of the most common bath mat materials.
- Linen: Linen is another popular material because it is highly absorbent and dries very quickly. Linen bath mats have a lovely textured feel and are available in a variety of colors.
- Wool: An all-natural, highly absorbent, and durable material, wool is an excellent bath mat textile. Its plush surface will keep your toes warm and comfortable.
- Bamboo: There's no need to limit yourself to traditional fabrics. Bamboo bath mats are highly durable and provide excellent air circulation.
Bath mat sets make it a breeze to get full bathroom floor coverage. Sets of three rugs are available to cover the areas in front of the sink, in front of the toilet, and beside the bathtub. In smaller bathrooms, you may only need a set of two matching mats. A coordinated set saves you the trouble of hunting for separate pieces that suit your bathroom’s decor.
Many bath mats come with a non-slip backing that stops them from shifting around. This means you won't have to keep readjusting them or worry about them slipping out from under your wet feet when you step out of the shower or tub. Etsy sellers make non-slip bath mats in a wide range of colors, sizes, patterns, and materials, making it easy to find one that ties your bathroom look together.