Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Bedding
When choosing your bedding, the first thing to consider is the size. It should typically match the size of your mattress, which come in a few standard sizes, from twin to king size. (Exact measurements may vary, depending on the manufacturer.)
The smallest is a twin bedding set, which generally fits beds 38 inches wide and 75 inches long. Then there’s full-size bedding, which generally fits mattresses that are 53 inches by 75 inches, and queen-size bedding, for beds that are 60 inches by 80 inches.
On the larger side, there’s king sized bedding, which typically fits mattresses 76 inches wide and 80 inches long. There’s also the slightly narrower and longer California king bedding, which fits beds that are 72 inches by 84 inches.
Another factor to consider is the temperature. The more comfortable you are, the better your night’s sleep will be. For warmer months and hotter climates, opt for lightweight linen and cotton bedding and a similarly light duvet. For winter months and colder climates, consider bedding made of materials like flannel, wool, and fleece and a thicker duvet or comforter for extra warmth.
Here are a few common types of bedding to create your own cozy bedroom oasis.
- Sheets: Sheets come in a variety of fun colors, patterns, and materials, including cotton, linen, silk, and satin. Sets of these bed linens often include a flat and fitted sheet—which has elastic corners—and may come with one or two pillowcases, depending on the bed size.
- Comforters: Comforters are fluffy, thick, decorative blankets that are typically insulated with wool, down, or synthetic fibers to keep you warm. They come in a range of designs and colors.
- Duvets: A duvet is a warm blanket that is typically used with a duvet cover, a decorative, washable layer that fits over the duvet and has a closure. Similar to comforters, they come in a wide variety of fabrics and designs.
- Quilts: Quilts are usually flatter and thinner than comforters and blankets, with insulated batting sandwiched between two layers of fabric. Etsy sellers craft a wide range of beautiful handmade designs, from elaborate patchwork quilts to custom quilts made out of your favorite T-shirts to personalized baby quilts that make wonderful gifts for baby showers.
- Blankets: Blankets and throws make a great extra layer for chilly evenings or for getting cozy on the couch. Some Etsy sellers even make blankets that can be personalized with names, initials, photos, and other details, perfect for gifting.
- Pillowcases: Some sheet sets come with matching pillowcases, but you can also opt for silk pillowcases that are gentle on skin and hair, personalized pillowcases with your name or initials, or decorative pillow shams.
- Pillows: From soft bed pillows to decorative throw pillows, these give you a cushy place to rest your head and add style to your bed.