Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Coffee & End Tables
Coffee tables and end tables both offer great spots for setting your drinks, books, and decor items, but there are a few key differences between the two. Understanding those differences will help you choose the best option for your home and create comfortable, functional living spaces.
Generally speaking, coffee tables are larger and lower than end tables. Your coffee table goes in front of your couch and should line up with the couch seat. An end table sits on either end of the couch arms and usually around the same height. The right tables in the right places let you kick up your feet or set your evening glass of wine down with effortless ease.
Having a coffee table that you love is important, and there’s no shortage of stylish and functional types to choose from. After all, we spend countless hours gathered around the living room coffee table with our favorite people making fond memories. From watching the big game with friends to discussing the latest book club pick or playing board games with the kids, the coffee table sees a lot of action for entertainment and relaxation alike.
When looking for a new coffee table for your space, consider some of these popular types:
- Glass coffee tables: Glass coffee tables have always been bestsellers, and their sleek appearance adds a touch of class to any room.
- Coffee tables with storage: If you need a great space for holding your favorite books, TV remote controls, magazines, consider a coffee table with storage.
- Round coffee tables: Round coffee tables make the perfect centerpieces for gathering around closely with interesting company.
- Vintage coffee tables: Styles like mid-century modern coffee tables possess a classic design and aesthetic appeal that never fails to impress.
- Farmhouse coffee tables: These tables have a rustic look that’s well-suited to modern homes as well as country living.
- Drum coffee tables: Drum coffee tables can take an otherwise drab room and inject a dapper, contemporary feel.
Just like their coffee table cousins, there is an impressive array of end table types to choose from, and they’re just as important in setting up a comfortable and stylish living room. End tables anchor the decor around your chairs and couches, and are the perfect spot for placing a reading lamp, framed photos, and accent items that add the final touches to your space.
An end table with some flair speaks a lot about your personal tastes. If you’re seeking a sophisticated vibe, pedestal end tables are the epitome of class. Walnut end tables are made to last for generations and have a timeless look that will complement many decor styles. If you’re a rugged type, a reclaimed wood rustic end table might be right up your alley. More of a minimalist? A sleek metal end table will fit right in at your place.