Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Beaded Bracelets
You’ll find a wide variety of beaded bracelets to help bring your personal style to life. As you shop, here are some of the most popular types of beaded bracelets:
- Friendship: Beaded friendship bracelets take the classic braided style and make them ultra-personal with colored and patterned beads. Friendship bracelets are popular among teenagers, men, and women.
- Stretch: Beads are strung with elastic cord that expands to slip over your wrist. Stretch beaded necklaces usually do not have a clasp.
- Multi-strand: Whether made with three, five, or eight strands, a multi-strand beaded bracelet is a bold fashion accessory. Beads are strung on cord, wire, or elastic, and the rows are fastened together at the ends.
- Woven: Tiny beads are woven into intricate, colorful patterns. They can even be formed into a bangle bracelet.
- Charm: A beaded charm bracelet includes cute charms of various shapes and sizes. Examples of charms include shells, handbags, shoes, and musical instruments. Charm bracelets can be oversized or delicate.
- Macrame: Macrame beaded bracelets use various knots and weaving techniques to create a natural fiber band that can also include beads and other charms.
- Gemstone: Gemstones add rich color and sparkle to a beaded bracelet. Plus, some gems have symbolic meanings or are used as birthstones.
- Braided: Three or more cords are braided with beads spaced throughout the bracelet. Thicker cords and larger beads create a dramatic look, while small beads and thin cords add subtle style.
- Clay: A polymer clay beaded bracelet adds a pop of color to your look. You can coordinate these cheerful bead bracelets with your clothes.
- Gold: A gold beaded bracelet creates a classic vibe. This style adds elegance to jeans and completes an office look.
The industry standard bracelet size is 7 inches for women and 8 inches for men. Bead bracelet sizes, however, can vary from 6 inches to 9 or 10 inches.
To measure your bracelet size, you’ll need:
- String, ribbon, or yarn
- Pen or marker
Then, follow these steps:
- Wrap the string around your wrist, just above your wrist bone or where you’d like to wear your bracelet.
- Mark where the end of the string reaches.
- Remove the string from your wrist and lay the string against a ruler.
- Measure the marked length with the ruler.
Another method is to simply wrap a flexible measuring tape around your wrist and note the length.
For the just-right fit, add:
- 1/4 inch for a snug fit
- 1/2 inch for a comfortable fit
- 3/4 inch for a loose-fitting bead bracelet
You can personalize a beaded bracelet by adding beads that spell a name, significant word, or initials. Many sellers on Etsy work with you to customize the color or type of bead, too. Beaded name bracelets are a popular personalized style. If you’d like to create your own beaded bracelet, Etsy sellers create unique beads for bracelets and instructions on how to make beaded bracelets. Whether it’s a gift for someone else or for yourself, a custom beaded bracelet adds sentimental value to a unique piece of jewelry.