Find something you love
There's so much more for you to discover
Learn More About Earrings
Discover all different types of handmade and vintage earrings on Etsy. Here are a few of the most common styles.
- Stud earrings: Most people’s first pair of pierced earrings, studs are a timeless, classic style, featuring a gemstone. Diamond and gemstone studs are a timeless and classic style.
- Hoop earrings: These versatile round earrings are well-suited for both everyday wear or a night out.
- Dangly earrings: These long earrings swing back and forth from side to side. They ordinarily hang below the earlobe and move. From single chain options to more elaborate styles, dangly earrings quickly dress up any outfit.
- Chandelier earrings: Chandelier earrings are tapered dangle earrings that resemble the lavish lighting figure. Well suited for formal events, they may be adorned with diamonds or gemstones.
- Drop earrings: These earrings dangle just a bit below the earlobe, with a hanging gemstone or cluster.
- Threader earrings: Instead of posts, these minimalist statement earrings have a slim chain that enters your earlobe and dangles on both sides.
- Ear cuff earrings: You can typically wear these cuffs, which hug this side of your ear, whether your ears are pierced or not.
- Screw-back earrings: These earrings have posts that screw into the closure on the back of the earring. These are great for travel or for those who prefer not to change their earrings frequently.
As you shop for earrings, here are a few considerations to keep in mind.
- Select earrings that highlight your face shape. Long, dangly earrings can help elongate round faces while hoops can add roundness to square face shapes.
- Choose earrings for your hair length. If you have short hair or plan to wear it in an updo, all styles of earrings—from studs to chandelier earrings—will be visible, but for longer hair, long earrings like dangle earrings tend to pop more.
- Choose earrings for the occasion. Need a subtle pair of earrings that still make a statement for your next business meeting? Consider classic styles like simple studs, hoops, or wispy threader earrings. Going out for a night on the town? Consider playing up your accessories with bold dangly or chandelier earrings. But no matter the occasion, choose the earrings that make you smile!
The best care for your earrings can vary, depending on what they are made of, but experts typically recommend keeping them dry and clean, by wiping them clean with a soft polishing cloth. Many jewelry sellers on Etsy provide instructions on how to best care for the gold and silver jewelry you buy from them. If you’re not sure how to care for your earrings, reach out to the seller with a message.