Crochet Pattern: Monstera Leaf - Interlocking (Locked Filet Mesh / LFM) and Overlay Mosaic; written instructions and chart
Digital file type(s): 2 PDF
I do not have a green thumb, but I am pretty handy with some yarn and a hook! Photo with a white leaf is showing the wrong side when done in interlocking crochet.
**You will receive one file containing:**
- written line-by-line instructions using the interlocking crochet technique (Locked Filet Mesh)
- a one-page chart (185 x 241)
- written line-by-line instructions using the overlay mosaic technique (including instructions for an envelope border)
**Now includes a bonus chart with the X's marked for mosaic crochet!**
The Locked Filet Mesh (LFM) interlocking crochet method uses only chain spaces and double crochets to create a mesh; two colors are worked alternately which creates the pattern.
Overlay mosaic crochet is single and double crochet stitches. The double crochet stitches cover some of the other color's single crochet stitches to create the design. My patterns instruct you to cut your yarn at the end of each row. The back is striped but often gives a faint impression of the pattern on the front (sort of like illusion knitting).
I have YouTube tutorials available for both crochet methods! Follow this link to get to my YouTube channel and find my other social links: linktr.ee/LFMandMosaic
**For Interlocking Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (3220 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 1560 yards plus 100 yards for optional SC border
- Accent Color (AC) – 1560 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Stitch marker
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 8 rows in one color = 4” square
Sample crocheted by Altona Newcombe using the mosaic technique. Other sample crocheted by me using interlocking crochet.
**For Mosaic Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (3870 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 1785 yards plus 300 yards for optional envelope border
- Coordinating Color (CC) – 1785 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Gauge: 16 sc stitches x 16 rows = 4" square
©️ 2021 Ashlee Brotzell.
All rights reserved. This publication is protected under federal copyright laws. Reproduction or distribution, in whole or in part, in any medium, is strictly prohibited.
What does this mean?
This is an original pattern by Ashlee Brotzell. You may not copy, reproduce, sell, or share any part of it whether for profit or not. This includes, but is not limited to, the written pattern, the chart, and the photos. No translations or video tutorials are allowed.
Sales of your finished items are, of course, unrestricted (and I wish you all the best!). I appreciate credit given to the designer when possible but it is not a requirement. You may tag me @AshleesLint or direct people to my website www.ashleeslint.com
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Instant download items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. Please contact the seller about any problems with your order.
250 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
The pattern is very well written. I am halfway finished making this blanket and it will not be my last one. It’s beautiful!
I'm in love with this pattern and mosaic crochet. Just started and I know it's going to take awhile but this one is for me! Post pics when done
Photos from reviews