Tire Tread Border Scarf - Locked Filet Mesh and Mosaic Crochet patterns from 2020 Father's Day CAL throw blanket
Digital file type(s): 4 PDF
This scarf pattern is slightly narrower and longer than my other scarves because it's original job was a border piece for the 2020 Father's Day CAL Scarves as Throw Blanket.
I also made a short scarf, sewed the ends together, and added tassels for a fun cowl.
**You will receive 4 files:**
- a written pattern and chart for the interlocking technique starting at the short side of the scarf,
- a written pattern and chart for the interlocking technique starting at the long end of the scarf,
- a written pattern and X-marked chart for the mosaic technique.
- and a file with joining instructions for using this scarf with the Father's Day CAL scarves.
The Locked Filet Mesh (LFM) interlocking crochet method uses only chain spaces and double crochets to create a mesh; two colors are worked alternately which creates the pattern.
Mosaic crochet is single crochet and double crochet stitches. The double crochet stitches cover some of the other color's single crochet stitches to create the design. My patterns instruct you to cut your yarn at the end of each row. The back is striped but often gives a faint impression of the pattern on the front (sort of like illusion knitting). See an [example here.]
I have YouTube tutorials available for both crochet methods! Follow this link to get to my YouTube channel and find my other social links.
**For Interlocking Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (465 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 220 yards plus 25 yards for optional SC border
- Accent Color (AC) – 220 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Stitch marker
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 8 rows in one color = 4” square
**For Mosaic Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (486 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 243 yards
- Coordinating Color (CC) – 243 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 16 rows = 4" square
©️ 2021 Ashlee Brotzell.
All rights reserved. This publication is protected under federal copyright laws. Reproduction or distribution, in whole or in part, in any medium, is strictly prohibited.
What does this mean?
This is an original pattern by Ashlee Brotzell. You may not copy, reproduce, sell, or share any part of it whether for profit or not. This includes, but is not limited to, the written pattern, the chart, and the photos. No translations or video tutorials are allowed.
Sales of your finished items are, of course, unrestricted (and I wish you all the best!). I appreciate credit given to the designer when possible but it is not a requirement. You may tag me @AshleesLint or direct people to my website www.ashleeslint.com
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Instant download items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. Please contact the seller about any problems with your order.
281 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
The pattern is very well written. I am halfway finished making this blanket and it will not be my last one. It’s beautiful!
Come on! It's another Ashlee pattern, so of course it's a masterpiece!
Easy to follow instructions. I'm only 2/3rds of the way through, but "Bubbles" is coming to life already! Such a beautiful design and everyone in the family wants one. Will definitely be back for more (Monstera Leaf...?) Thank you!!
The finished project looks great. Directions were easy enough to follow, although it took me a few rows and a lot of patience to get the hang of mosaic crochet.
Photos from reviews