Each month in 2022 I published a new cat pattern! You can grab the eBook, "2022: A Year of Cats" or just pick your favorite squares. I also call this one "Heart Cat" because the cat looks like a heart.
Read more: https://ashleeslint.com/2022/03/31/2022-april-cat/
**You will receive one file containing:**
- the interlocking written line-by-line pattern
- a one-page chart (81 x 81)
**And another file with:**
- the mosaic written line-by-line pattern (including instructions for an envelope border)
- an X-marked chart (77 x 77)
The interlocking mesh dots and border lines have been removed for the overlay mosaic version of the pattern.
The Locked Filet Mesh (LFM) interlocking crochet method uses only chain spaces and double crochets to create a mesh; two colors are worked alternately which creates the pattern.
Mosaic crochet is single crochet and double crochet stitches. The double crochet stitches cover some of the other color's single crochet stitches to create the design. My patterns instruct you to cut your yarn at the end of each row. The back is striped but often gives a faint impression of the pattern on the front (sort of like illusion knitting).
I have YouTube tutorials available for both crochet methods! Follow this link to get to my YouTube channel and find my other social links: https://ashleeslint.com/link-in-bio
**For Interlocking Crochet**
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Stitch marker
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 8 rows in one color = 4” square
- Finished size: 20" x 20" / 51cm x 51cm
- Worsted Weight Yarn (460-485 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 230 yards plus 25 yards for optional SC border
- Accent Color (AC) – 230 yards
**For Mosaic Crochet**
- Crochet hook: 5 mm (H-8)
- Gauge: 14 stitches x 15 rows = 4" square
- Finished size: 20” x 22” / 52cm x 56cm
- Worsted Weight Yarn (675-925 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 350 yards
- Coordinating Color (CC) – 325 yards
- Optional Envelope Border – 250 yards
Thank you to my testing team: CrochetCarob, Cyncitycrochets, and Teresa King.
©️ Ashlee Brotzell 2022.
All rights reserved. This publication is protected under federal copyright laws. Reproduction or distribution, in whole or in part, in any medium, is strictly prohibited.
What does this mean?
This is an original pattern by Ashlee Brotzell. You may not copy, reproduce, sell, or share any part of it whether for profit or not. This includes, but is not limited to, the written pattern, the chart, and the photos. No translations or video tutorials are allowed.
Sales of your finished items are, of course, unrestricted (and I wish you all the best!). I appreciate credit given to the designer when possible but it is not a requirement. You may tag me @AshleesLint or direct people to my website www.ashleeslint.com