Bowties Scarf - Locked Filet Mesh and Mosaic Crochet patterns from 2020 Father's Day CAL throw blanket
Digital file type(s): 2 PDF
This scarf was originally created as a panel in my 2020 Father's Day CAL throw blanket.
You will receive 1 file containing:
- a written pattern and chart for the interlocking technique starting at the short side of the scarf, and
- a written pattern for the interlocking technique starting at the long end of the scarf, and
- a written pattern and chart for the mosaic technique.
**A bonus file contains the X-marked chart for mosaic crochet**
The Locked Filet Mesh (LFM) interlocking crochet method uses only chain spaces and double crochets to create a mesh; two colors are worked alternately which creates the pattern.
Mosaic crochet is single crochet and double crochet stitches. The double crochet stitches cover some of the other color's single crochet stitches to create the design. My patterns instruct you to cut your yarn at the end of each row. The back is striped but often gives a faint impression of the pattern on the front (sort of like illusion knitting).
I have YouTube tutorials available for both crochet methods! Follow this link to get to my YouTube channel and find my other social links: https://linktr.ee/LFMandMosaic
**For Interlocking Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (730 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 350 yards plus 30 yards for optional SC border
- Accent Color (AC) – 350 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Stitch marker
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 8 rows in one color = 4” square
**For Mosaic Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (790 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 395 yards
- Coordinating Color (CC) – 395 yards
- Plus 100 yards for optional envelope border
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 16 rows = 4" square
Sample crocheted by Claudia.
Chart and pattern ©Ashlee Brotzell 2020. US terminology used.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
130 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
I asked Ashlee to make up a pattern for me of a tiger's head the size of a blanket. She exceeded my expectations to say the least because when she sent me the finished pattern it was breathtaking. What an absolutely beautiful image. I know she worked hard on this pattern for me because her attention for detail doesn't lie. Then I had to crochet it. Well I am new to interlocking style crochet but with this pattern it was made very easy for me. The pattern is all written out row by row in interlocking and mosaic crochet. And of course there is a chart but I never used it. I am very pleased with the results of this tiger blanket from this pattern so pleased that I have to make a white tiger for me!
Really easy to follow pattern. love the results for my first time trying this technique. Cant wait to try more.
such a nice pattern.
This going to be a beautiful blanket! Looks complicated but is not hard to do. Beautiful results.
Photos from reviews