Two rival business magnates are competing to take control of a high-rise office tower.
Each owner operates a business on their side of the building.
Before leaving for the day, each of the owner’s employees pulls the shades on their windows to reveal random letters.
When the owners arrive back to work in the morning, they check to see what words have been made across the windows on their side.
The owner whose side of the tower has the best scoring words, wins that day.
After several days, the owner with the top score will control the building.
THE ACTUAL GAME
Word Magnates is a strategic word game for two players, aged 7+. It is a game of building a tower of two-sided magnetized letters without your opponent knowing what words you are making.
It’s a game of secret word creation.
Available in magnetic and non-magnetic versions in three sizes (8, 12, 18 inches).
• Wooden tower with 24 windows on each side
• Base with built-in score tracks
• Six pegs for scoring
• 30 black magnetic letter tiles
• 30 white magnetic letter tiles
1. Insert the tower into base.
2. Spread all the tiles face up.
3. Separate any tiles stuck together.
4. Group the tiles by colour into black and white sets.
5. Each player takes five vowels of each colour.
6. Flip and shuffle the remaining tiles upside down within each group. Important: Do not mix the colours!
7. Each player takes half of the tiles from each group, placing them secretively in their own area.
8. Decide who will play which colour.
9. Grab papers and pencils for scoring.
You will be stacking magnetically-coupled tiles within the tower. You must play two of these tiles at a time, one of each colour. All tiles on your side of the tower must be the same colour. The opposite side must always be the other colour.
Game play is in rounds. Play at least three rounds.
Players take turns attaching one tile of each colour together and dropping both combined tiles into one of the three tower slots. Make sure your coloured tile always faces you and the opposite coloured tile faces your opponent.
Try to drop letters such that their placement will help you make words and thwart your opponent.
You must eventually drop all vowels else incur a penalty.
Note that each player can only see their side of the tower.
Save $5 by applying the included magnets stickers yourself! Fun for the kids before they play.
WORD RISE is the non-magnetic version, pinch and drop two tiles simultaneously.
Basic games are eight inches in height.
The larger versions are 12, 18 and 23 inches high.
The 18 and 23 inch versions are only available locally as to large to ship.