Bet Your Word - Poker Like Word Game
Dispatches from a small business in
Materials: paper, lasercutter
Bet Your Word is a card game where you try to make the best-scoring words using common letters. For two to four players, aged 8 and up plus a solo mode.
• 1.5x2-inch travel game in a cube
• 2x3-inch full-size cards
• 90 A-Z letter and bigram fragment cards
• 50 coins in various cent denominations
Using letters on the cards in your hand and the central one(s) showing, form your best word(s) and bet to see if you can beat your opponent(s).
MODES: There are two ways to play:
• Single choice with multiple players
• Multiple choice with two players
SETUP: Setup is identical for both modes:
• Shuffle the cards and place upside down in a draw pile.
• Give each player an equal number of coins.
• More than two players can play “multiple choice” mode as long as you use coloured chips for betting. You must supply your own chips.
• To count faster at the end of the game, collect only the coins won in each round and discard the cards won.
SINGLE CHOICE GAME PLAY:
Two or more players play in rounds, alternating being the dealer. On each round:
• The dealer ensures each player has exactly five cards, dealing as needed
• The dealer flips over the next card from the draw pile as the common letter(s) cards
• Each player antes one “cent”
• Each player attempts to visualize a word using any combination of the common card’s letter(s) and those letters in their hand
• Any player can then bet a coin or fold
1–3 business days
There was a problem calculating your postage. Please try again.
179 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
We love this game very much. We are homeschoolers and it's so helpful with vocabulary building, logic and imagination. It was delivered very fast and the seller was very nice. Thank you so much 😊
I thought this would be great (fairly easy) for my 93 year old, bedridden mom and tried it upon arrival, after a few hours I had to look up a hint to get started so these are serious puzzles for serious puzzlers(IMHO). I should've ordered the magnetic variety to avoid pieces getting lost in the bedding when they get knocked off the bed tray table. The way the puzzles are made appeals to the senses, they feel good and they sound good- no plastics clicking together kind of thing and look good. I'm ordering the symbols one next.
This is my new favorite puzzle, so much fun to do!! It is clearly handmade, with beautiful colors, and clever cutting, including hints. The five layers added a wonderful level of challenge. It is so much better than I thought it would be. Mark is wonderful at communicating as well, and even offered me a couple of extra choices. I highly recommend this!
This Seller was great to work with!! I explained the set of cards was for my adult brother who is recovering from a brain injury. I mentioned that he raises sheep on a small farm. The Seller customized a set based on my comments-which he did not have to do! I’ve seen the cards through zoom and they appear to be of great quality. Delivery was as promised.
Photos from reviews