about the shop and the ebooks!
Hello! Nice that you stop by me! Here you will find e-books, which are very detailed and richly illustrated instructions (for sewn products with cuts in original size) which also allow beginners to come to beautiful, self-designed products. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me:
Long before an ebook wanders into the most popular shop, I developed it with a lot of passion, sewn, photographed, wrote it and made it available to my sample seamstresses for testing. Only after the cut in all offered sizes has received the OK from the sample seamers, it is allowed to move into the shop. The photos, the ebook texts (instructions) the organization of the sample sewing and the entire layout (.... as well as the many small steps that you do not see from the outside) are implemented by me all by myself, so I ask for your understanding that I have fixed times when I look after my shops and answer emails.
... the most popular Facebook fan page is happy about every fan:
I thank you very much ♥ for so many purchases with me, all the lovely comments, messages and for the feedback on my things, I am happy about it !!!
Everything ♥ , Christiane
More information, design examples of the customers and pictures of the e-books can be found here:
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
Part I: General Terms and Conditions
Part I: General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 – Provider, inclusion of the GTC
(1) The supplier and contractual partner for the goods displayed in the Etsy Shop "at will" is Christiane Schlipf, Abtsgmünder Str. 28, 73460 Hüttlingen Tel. 0178 2181558, info [!at] allerlieblichst.de (hereinafter referred to as "Provider").
(2) These General Terms and Conditions are an integral part of any contractual agreement between the Provider and the respective Customer. Conflicting terms and conditions of the customer are contradicted.
§ 2 – Offer of goods and conclusion of contract
(1) The provider offers the articles presented in his Este Shop "to other Etsy users for sale. The colour representation of the articles on the website may vary slightly depending on the Internet browser used and the monitor settings of the customer; these deviations are never technically completely avoidable.
(2) The selection of goods, the conclusion of the contract and the execution of the contract shall be carried out in German.
(3) The provider delivers within Germany as well as to all other countries of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
(4) The customer selects the desired goods by placing them in the "shopping cart". In the step "Check and order", the customer receives a summary for checking for input errors. The order request can finally be transmitted to the provider via the button "Order with obligation to pay". The customer has the possibility at any time until this dispatch of his order request to correct his entries by going back one or more order steps in the browser, or to cancel the order completely.
(5) For the goods presented in the shop of the provider, the provider makes a binding purchase offer. By sending the order request via the button "Order with obligation to pay", the customer accepts the purchase offer. The provider confirms the conclusion of the contract by e-mail (contract confirmation).
(6) The content of a concluded contract (contract text) is automatically stored by Etsy in the Etsy user accounts of the provider and the customer and can be viewed by the customer in his user account in the Etsy portal via the menu "My Purchases" After conclusion of the contract, the customer receives an additional e-mail from Etsy with the contract text. In addition, the provider does not store the text of the contract itself.
(7) In the event of impediments to delivery or other circumstances that would preclude the fulfilment of the contract, the provider shall inform the customer by e-mail.
§ 3 – Prices and payment
(1) All product prices are understood as total prices plus shipping costs. The fees include 19% VAT.
(2) The shipping costs are listed in the respective product description in the section "Payment & Shipping".
(3) Deliveries to Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland may incur customs duties and import sales tax, which are to be paid by the customer to the customs authority upon receipt of the shipment. These charges are in addition to the purchase price and the shipping costs and are not to be influenced by the provider.
(4) The provider delivers at the choice of the customer against advance payment by redeeming an Etsy voucher, against advance payment by bank transfer or against advance payment by means of PayPal payment. With the confirmation of the contract, the customer receives an Internet link by e-mail, which leads him to the DaWanda area "My Purchases", which contains further information on the purchase process.
a) For payment by etsy voucher, the customer can enter one or more voucher codes in the "My Purchases" section. The voucher value is credited to the provider and the invoice amount is paid in this way. If a voucher value is higher than the invoice amount, the voucher remains valid in the amount of the excess amount.
b) If the customer has chosen "bank transfer" as the payment method, the customer will be informed of the bank details of the provider in the "My purchases" area. The provider only accepts transfers from abroad as free payments in euros.
c) If the customer has chosen "PayPal" as the payment method, he can access the online service of PayPal via the "My Purchases" area and initiate the payment there.
(5) Insofar as further payment methods are listed in the product description in the section "Payment and Shipping" (e.B credit card, Sofortüberweisung, iDEAL, EPS), such payments are processed by the payment service provider Mangopay (Mangopay S.A., 59 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg, www.mangopay.com).
(6) For prepayment orders, a payment period of one week from receipt of the contract confirmation applies. The provider shall return the desired goods for the duration of the payment period for the customer. It is the customer's responsibility to effect his payment in time for it to be received by the provider within the deadline. The provider reserves the right to withdraw from the purchase contract and sell the goods elsewhere if payment has not been received by the deadline. Any payment received by the customer after withdrawal will be refunded to the customer.
§ 4 – Shipping, delivery periods
(1) The provider delivers the goods within 4-6 working days from payment.
(2) For shipments to destinations outside Germany, the delivery time increases by a further 2-9 working days.
(3) Several products ordered at the same time are delivered in a common shipment; the delivery time of the product with the longest delivery time applies to the joint shipment. If the customer wishes the delivery of a specific product with a shorter delivery time in advance, he must order this product separately.
(4) If the delivery to the customer fails because the customer has entered the delivery address incorrectly or incompletely, a new delivery attempt will only take place if the customer assumes the direct costs of the new shipment. These costs correspond to the shipping costs agreed upon at the time of conclusion of the contract.
(5) The preceding paragraphs do not apply to digital content (§ 5).
§ 5 – Digital content
(1) A product that is offered as digital content will not be sent by post. Instead, the customer receives the product by e-mail or a link to a website where he can download the product (download link).
(2) If the customer expressly agrees that the contract will be executed before the expiry of the revocation period and confirms that his right of revocation expires as a result, the provider shall deliver the digital content within three working days from payment; if the customer states that he is purchasing as an entrepreneur, this delivery time shall apply irrespective of such confirmation. In other cases, the provider delivers within three working days of payment, but not before the expiry of 17 days after conclusion of the contract.
(3) The receipt of digital content requires that the customer has an e-mail address and an Internet connection. The provider points out that the e-mail and/or network operator of the customer may charge fees for the receipt of data over which the provider has no influence.
§ 6 – Consumer right of withdrawal
(1) A customer who purchases as a consumer is entitled to a right of revocation in accordance with the statutory conditions. A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to their commercial nor their independent professional activity.
(2) The provider grants a consumer with permanent residence outside Germany a consumer right of withdrawal in accordance with the German conditions and legal consequences even if the national law of the consumer does not provide for a right of withdrawal or links the revocation to a shorter period or to a stricter form than under German law.
§ 7 – Warranty (right to liability for defects)
There are warranty claims of the customer (also called warranty rights) in accordance with the statutory provisions.
§ 8 – Final provisions
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. However, German law does not apply to consumers with permanent residence abroad insofar as the national law of the consumer contains provisions from which no deviation can be made by contract to the detriment of the consumer.
(2) Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions prove to be invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
(1) After a purchase contract has been concluded, Etsy shall transmit to the Provider the Etsy user name, name and billing address as stored in the Customer's user account. Insofar as the customer has provided further data in the context of his order (e.B. a different delivery address or a telephone number), these will also be transmitted.
(2) The provider processes the data referred to in paragraph 1 electronically for the proper performance of the contract, in particular for dispatch, invoicing and the booking of payments. For the purpose of shipping, the provider may also transmit the name and address of the customer to the commissioned shipping company.
(3) The provider shall keep the data stored until all mutual claims arising from the order have been completely settled and the commercial and tax retention obligations for the provider have expired.
(4) The customer may request information from the provider at any time free of charge about the data that he has stored about the customer. Furthermore, the customer may request the correction of incorrect data at any time.
(5) For data that the provider processes itself in accordance with the above paragraphs, the responsible body for data protection is the provider (Christiane Schlipf, Abtsgmünder Str.28, 73460 Hüttlingen, Tel. 01782181558, email: info [!at] allerlieblichst.de). In addition, the data protection declaration of the platform etsy.com
(6) If the customer uses the service of PayPal for the payment, the PayPal data protection regulations shall apply to the payment process in addition. PayPal acts as a vicarious agent of the customer, not of the provider.
(7) If the customer uses a payment method offered via Mangopay, Mangopay collects and processes the name of the customer, his card or account number and/or other data required for the selected payment method. In this respect, the Mangopay data protection provisions apply in addition.