SNS FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions about the Saturday Night Specials)
This thread has been closed and archived.
This discussion is public.
Here is an updated FAQ's about the SNS thread as requested for newer Etsy members :)
SNS FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions about the Saturday Night Specials) January 2008
WHAT IS THE SNS?
The Saturday Night Specials (SNS) is a promo thread that was originated by Willowglass so that Etsy sellers could kick back on a Saturday night and hopefully gain some sales as a result. Buyers look forward to this thread each week which has been running since July 2006! Sellers decide the special for their shop, whether it be a percentage off, free shipping, BOGO, or whatever they choose.
WHAT TIME DOES THE SNS START?
Each Saturday the thread is started at 5 p.m. EST/Etsy time. To make it a true Saturday Night Special, your specials must be limited to Saturday night. If your sales run beyond this time frame, there are plenty of other threads to post them in!
The SNS runs from 5 p.m. EST/Etsy time and *must* officially end at midnight Samoa time (which is 6 a.m. EST/Etsy time on Sunday). You can choose to end your SNS earlier in a different time zone if you wish.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
* Post a notice in your Shop Announcement section to ensure that buyers will know what your SNS is.
* End your SNS no later than midnight in the country of Samoa, which is 6 a.m. EST/Etsy time on Sunday.
* Buyers have repeatedly asked for a consistent format, so it's suggested that you start your post with your shop link, what you sell, and then what your special is for the night.
* Post to the Official SNS thread in Promotions.
* There is no recapping (repostings) of your SNS. This is necessary to keep the thread as streamlined as possible for buyers and is at their request, so please make sure you have all your info together before posting.
* Remind buyers to put *SNS* in their notes so you can offer the appropriate discount and also track your SNS sales. The SNS code should only be used for posts in the original SNS thread.
WHAT ARE SECRETS AND SUPER SPECIALS?
A "secret" is optional and is when a seller hides a certain item in their shop which is usually free with just the cost of shipping. Seller mentions the terms when they announce their secret. It's another promotional tool because it gets people to look through all of your items if your secret is well hidden and possibly they'll make another purchase. It's fun! Secrets would be posted in the Etc. forum thread.
"Super Specials" are items that are usually offered at a substantial discount to clear them out of your shop. They're offered for a limited amount of time, such as one or two hours. Super Specials would be posted in the Promotions forum.
There is a companion thread in the Etc. forum for chatting and having fun while the SNS is running! So, your SNS posting as well as any Super Specials would be in the Promotions thread and anything else would be in the Etc. forum thread.
loosewirestudio has set up a terrific blog for SNS which you can find at EtsySNS.blogspot.com Check it out for info and for some great polls!
Remember, duplicate SNS threads only dilute the official SNS thread. Our Buyers have requested a single place to see SNS, so we have given them this. Please don't create additional SNS threads. It confuses and frustrates Buyers and Sellers alike. Everyone is more than welcome to join the SNS thread. We'd love to have you. It's inclusive! Thanks!
Posted at 4:19pm Jan 12, 2008 EST