Vacation Mode allows you to put your shop on hold for a certain amount of time. This feature could be helpful if:
You're temporarily unable to run your shop.
You're traveling or sick.
- You need a quick break to catch up on current orders.
You'll have the option to set an auto-reply that will be sent in response to any conversations you receive while on vacation.
How to I turn on Vacation Mode?
1) Go toYour Shop > Shop Settings > Options > Vacation Mode
2) Change the setting to On
3) Fill in a temporary Shop Announcement and Conversation auto-reply
4) Click Save
How do I turn off Vacation Mode?
1) Go to Your Shop > Shop Settings > Options > Vacation Mode tab
2) Change the option to Off
3) Click Save
What happens to my shop while on Vacation Mode?
You can make edits to current listings the same as you would when your shop is not on vacation.
You can list new items and save them as drafts. You won’t be charged a listing fee until the listing is actually published once you return from vacation.
A notice will appear at the top of your shop page saying that you're taking a short break. The green Add to Cart button will be grayed out.
Items featured in treasuries can still be viewed but cannot be purchased.
Your shop will still appear if someone searches for your exact shop name, but will not appear as an auto-suggestion in Search or other shopping tools.
Your items won’t appear in Search.
- Other Etsy members who visit your shop can sign up to be notified by email of your return.
- If your shop is in Vacation Mode, you can still sell from listings using the Sell on Etsy app and card reader. Your listing quantities will update in real time. This is the only time you can sell while your shop is in Vacation Mode. Learn more about selling in person.
What else should I know?
Read this Seller Handbook article for tips on handling your Etsy business under unfortunate circumstances.