Trademark Guidelines - Examples
To help clarify the Etsy Trademark Policy, please review these examples below. Keep in mind these are just examples and do not include every fair and not fair use of the Etsy Marks.
You may make legitimate spoken or written commentary about Etsy that you know is not false.
- You may not falsely imply that you're employed by Etsy or improperly suggest an affiliation or sponsorship by Etsy or that the information comes from or represents the views or opinions of Etsy or an Etsy employee.
Business Cards, Promotional Items, and Advertisements
You may write your Etsy URL (for example, http://yourname.etsy.com) on a business card, promotional item or advertisement in a way that doesn't improperly suggest that you work for Etsy, Inc.
- You may not make a business card, promotional item, or advertisement that uses the Etsy Marks, stylizations, or colors so that it will likely confuse the public as to your relationship with Etsy, if any. Please do not use the Etsy logo on your business cards.
Websites, Blogs, and Social Network Profiles
Always make it clear both visually and in text that your site is run by you and is not run by Etsy.
You may use the Etsy Mini to link back to your Etsy Shop.
- You may not use the Etsy Marks (for example, the Etsy logo) or a confusingly similar mark on a site that contains or promotes adult content, gambling, or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
Applications, Web Services, Websites, or Code using Etsy Data Feeds, or APIs
- Always make it clear both visually and in text that your site is run by you and is not run by Etsy.
You may write your Etsy URL (for example, http://yourname.etsy.com) on your product.
- You may apply to get prior permission to make a product featuring an Etsy Mark.
Please name your event to clearly indicate who is hosting the event. This will help avoid missed communications while ensuring you get proper credit for your hard work.
- If you want Etsy to sponsor or endorse an event, please contact Etsy in advance to request a written license and authorization.
You may not use the word "Etsy" or a confusingly similar mark in the name of your business, LLC or not-for-profit organization.
- Without permission, please do not use the word "Etsy" in your Etsy username.