Here are the steps to take if you need to change your password for any reason.
If You're Already Signed in to Your Account
Go to You > Account settings and scroll down to Password. You can change it there by following the on-screen instructions.
If You Can't Remember Your Password
You can reset your password.
1.) Enter the email address that's on file with your Etsy account.
2.) You'll receive an email containing a link to reset your password. When you click this link, you'll be directed back to Etsy where you can create a new password for your account.
3.) You'll receive a second email saying your password has been changed.
If You Haven't Received the Password Reset Email
- Check your spam/junk mail folder.
- If you're using Gmail, also check your Social and Promotions tabs.
- If you still can't find it, add email@example.com to your address book or safe list and try to reset your password again.
If You Reset Your Password and Still Can't Access Your Account
Double check to make sure you:
- Use the most recent password email if you've sent more than one to yourself. Delete all the password emails and try sending one more.
- Use the correct username when signing in. Don't use your shop name if it's different from your username.
- Use the correct email address when signing in.
- Send the password reset email to the correct email address.
- Disable any auto-fill or "Stay Signed In" options within your browser or on Etsy. The saved information could be outdated.
- Enable cookies for Etsy in your browser settings.