Treasuries on Etsy
Treasury is an ever-changing, member-curated shopping gallery comprised of lists of items.
These lists contain 16 items. Members can create a themed collection or feature their favorite items from all over Etsy.
What you need to know before getting started
- Treasury is not intended for self-promotion.
- There is no limit to the number of lists you can create.
- The number of views your list receives and the number of clicks the items featured in your list receive are displayed in the list's Stats section as well as on the treasury list itself.
- Treasuries are eligible to appear on members' homepage feeds when they are created or favorited.
How to Create a Treasury
Choose Item Listings
First, find 16 item listings for your list. You will need the listing page URL (web address) or listing ID number for each item.
Create Your List
After signing in to your Etsy account, visit the Treasury page by clicking _Treasur_y on the right of the homepage under More Ways to Shop. Once in the Treasury, click the Create a List button in the right column. A new page will open where you can build your list.
Title: Give your list a creative, catchy, and meaningful name. This will help draw visitors in.
Description: Share the inspiration behind your list.
Privacy: You can choose to make a list private (only visible to you) or public (visible to everyone).
Tags: Tags are descriptive keywords that help shoppers discover lists when searching within the Treasury. Use words that describe your list as a whole. Enter a tag in the box and click Add.
- Listings: To add an item to your list, you need to enter the listing page URL or the listing ID number into the box and click OK.
You can click and drag each listing you've added until you're happy with your treasury's arrangement.
Then, click the Save button. You'll need to have a minimum of four listings in your treasury in order to save it. If you chose to make your list public, it will now appear in the Treasury Index, which can be searched by other members.
Editing Your List
To edit your list, click the Edit button in the right column.
If you change your mind about an item, or if an item has sold out or is no longer appearing, you can edit or remove it from your list. Just hover your cursor over the item image, and two links will appear to Edit or Remove.
Be sure to click the Save button when you're done making changes to your list.
As curator of your list, you have some control over the comments made by other members on your list. If needed, you may delete a comment. Hover your mouse over the comment to access the Delete option.
Sharing Your List
Once you have created a beautiful collection, you're welcome to share it with your friends or those you have included. Please keep our Etsy Guidelines in mind if you decide to message each member you have included in your list.
There are also social networking buttons directly on your list that enable you to share it on sites like Facebook and Twitter. You can find these tools in the right column of your list.
Some final notes on Treasuries:
- You may not use a Treasury list or comments to reference a specific member, shop, or item in a negative way.
- You may not knowingly harass or abuse another member in Treasury comments.
- A Treasury list containing mature content or featuring mature content item listings must be tagged "mature" by the curator.
- A Treasury list's title may not contain profane, racist, or mature content.
The curator of a list may delete comments on that list at their discretion. Etsy reserves the right to remove Treasury lists at any time. Abuse of Treasury may result in suspension of privileges and/or account termination.