Whoa! You can't favorite your own shop.

Whoa! You can't buy your own item.

Whoa! You can't favorite your own item.

Whoa! You can't add your own item to a list.

Add this item to a treasury!

You don't have any treasuries yet. Enter a title below to create one.

This item has been added.

View your treasury.

This shop is taking a short break.

Want to know when they return?

Like this item?

Add it to your favorites to revisit it later.
*****NOTE: THIS ITEM IS RESERVED FOR FLEECYCOUDS. Thanks for looking!*****

'Summer Solstice' is one of the most exciting vintage glass fishing floats - spectacular is the stunning sage lime green color - which 'jumps' us quantum style - straight into summer! Leap for joy as a season of glowing, balmy, long and fruitful days bring forth your enthusiasm for life! How hard is it to feel anything but inspiration and joy when taking in this wonderful collector's piece?

Summer Solstice measures 3-1/2" diameter or 10-5/8" in circumference. It feels consoling in the palm of the hand, yet cool and relaxing. It emanates an etheric quality, somewhat like a balmy summer breeze - gently murmuring through a lace curtain, inviting you to dream. If you love lemon, lime, sage and shades of green, Summer Solstice is a highly unusual collector's piece in absolutely wonderful condition, in spite of its many decades of work and journey at sea. No small miracle.

This lovely 3-piece molded Korean collectible has tales to tell. If quiet, you can almost hear it whisper......perhaps it's the many decades of heavy winds and heavy sand-blasting intermingled with legends of the fishers, their families, their lives and villages. These stories have been recorded in the glass along with the lovely 'frosted' patterns from sand-blasting between the tines of the 'ghost net' the float once wore. About 40% of the surface shows 'ghost net' patterns, with the other 60%, especially the top, being pure 'frosting' - or all over sand-blasted.

This is a 2nd generation (Post-WW II) Korean or Japanese 3-piece molded glass fishing float. The seal 'button' on this three-piece float shows a partial typical 'umbilical' type surround indentation near the outermost edge of the seal. The seals are mostly uniform and nicely crafted in the 2nd generation of 3-pc molded floats. This one has survived hard work and decades of service in rough seas. Yet the outer surround edge is perfection.

This seal is truly beautiful - an artifact of museum quality in MINT condition. Observe the the glow and clarity in the photos featuring the seal 'button'. An excellent piece of craftsmanship showing a 'textured' pattern within the partial umbilical surround imprint. It has been said that the better glass blowers or masters used to 'texture' their seals. This one has to be a seal of good fortune!

Notice Summer Solstice posing with a float buddy in photo #4. The buddy is called 'Blue Nebulae' and is not part of this sale. It was included in this listing for the pure fun of it and as a color check or contrast. Just look at the spectacular sage lime green of Summer Solstice compared to the blue! 'Blue Nebulae' can be seen in the following link, if you wish:


The 3-piece molded floats will always be a collector's favorite due to the amazing craftsmanship and care that went into hand-whittling the wooden molds into which the glass was poured. The construction is exquisite, especially when you think they were made for work at sea!

Thank you for helping to care for vintage fishing floats which are rapidly being replaced with plastic or synthetic floats.

Your time and energy are valued. Thank you for your interest in lightinawormhole.

Happy to offer Priority shipping for this float. It will be DOUBLE boxed with extra insulation for protection of its antiquity and your investment while in transit. The cost is $11.00. This includes your tracking number and insurance. It will be packed with absolute care. *** Please allow 1 to 3 days to ship and 2 to 3 days for the carrier. You should receive it in a week or less. If you need it quicker, tell me and I’ll ship it fast! ***

COMBINED SHIPPING: Yes - I will combine! Floats of generally similar size & weight can be combined so you save on shipping. These decisions are made at the actual time of packing, using my best judgment to keep items safe from damage in transit, protecting them maximally. Best option is to pay the shipping on each item up front. A shipping refund will be issued promptly via Paypal when your parcels are complete. My customers will confirm I am happy to do this. If this doesn’t work for you, convo for a ‘guesstimate’ on combined shipping of items.

lightinawormhole by Robi

RESERVED for FLEECYCOUDS, Glass Fishing Float Collectible, Summer Solstice 3-Pc, Nautical, Home Decor, Ocean, Beach Decor, Cottage, Sea


  • Vintage item from the 1940s
  • Material: glass
  • Only ships within United States.
  • Feedback: 836 reviews
  • Favorited by: 1 person