welcome to HissyFit's dress clearance spectacular! This dress has all the one-of-a-kind, hand-made, indie designer goodness of my other frocks, only it's priced to sell since I won't be making any more of this design. (Originally priced at $175, now over 60% off! WHAT?!? Yup, it's a total steal/deal!)
Inspired by the style & ethos of the 1970's handmade movement, I designed & handmade this one of a kind dress to be easy and fun to wear, but still give a chic & modern vibe, you dig?
• Bust = 44 inches around
• Waist = 36 inches around
• Hips = 46+ inches around (taken with pleats *not* fully opened = wiggle room here)
• Bodice Length = 8 inches from scooped neckline to waist (measured at center back), 16 inches long from shoulder seam (at neckline) to waist
• Skirt/Bottom Length = 24 inches from waist to bottom edge
(FYI: the dummy in photos is set to measurements 43 bust, 34 waist, 44 hips. Send me a convo if you'd like more measurements or have fitting questions & I'd be happy to give you personalized advice.)
• Bodice = sleeveless, with a scooped neckline (back is cut lower but still above bra-level), & shaping darts designed for fit your curves. (bodice is based on my Cakewalk Dress, seen here: http://www.hissyfitoly.com/cakewalk-dress.html)
• Skirt = straight-meets-a-line shape, with 4 box pleats at the waist (so there's extra hip-room for your hipness), & a deep bottom hem band with applique-trims
• flower-shaped patch pocket with more applique trims
A few last handmade construction details:
• dress fabric is real, vintage yardage from the 1970's (un-used, heavier-weight 100% cotton) + bottom band is a camel/tan colored, vintage, polished cotton
• closes with a side-seam zipper (also a vintage trim).
• neckline & armholes are finished with rayon bias binding (another vintage trim!) that's topstitched in place for a smooth, clean edge.
• dress is easy-care: machine (gentle) wash & tumble dry (low heat).
Oh, and check out Hissyfit's Policies page for more info about the usual payment/shipping/refund ba-jazz: just click the tab above or here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hissyfitoly/policy