Hello! I’m Danielle Woerner, internationally known professional singer, recording artist and voice teacher. This listing's 2 audio files are the first installment in my 13-session series of mini-voice lessons, called SongBytes. When you buy this SongBytes series, you'll be able to download these immediately, and then also access them, along with the remaining 11 lessons in the series, week by week on my YouTube channel, via private subscriber links.
SING INTO THE NEW YEAR Holiday Special! SongBytes, is on sale for 15% off the regular $150 price through JANUARY 31 with the Coupon Code NEWYEARJOY15
Here's the scoop:
SongBytes is a pre-recorded audio series composed of 13 mini-lessons – each 4 to 11 minutes long - created for you by a master teacher. It's a perfect holiday/New Year's gift for the aspiring singer in your family, the friend who sings but needs a tune-up, the person who's been too shy to sing in front of anyone--even the businessperson or schoolteacher who finds our Brave New ZoomWorld daunting or vocally tiring.
You’ll be able to download the first pair of lessons here as soon as you purchase it, then each week after the New Year, you--or your giftee--will receive access to the next installment, through a private link on my YouTube channel. You'll listen and sing along with each lesson throughout the week, learning and practicing new skills in the privacy of home--or maybe dorm room, for college students.
The series teaches basic principles and simple tools to sing well and have confidence and pleasure doing it. The techniques also help with speaking, including the need many of us have to participate in or lead Zoom sessions. In fact, the idea for SongBytes was hatched as part of the larger online initiative I created in 2020: "SING INTO JOY--Singing as Your Path to Wellness," a response to pandemic isolation and the way people have been missing each other and the arts.
Each SongBytes lesson focuses on one element of basic vocal technique. The first TWO lessons, attached here and available at time of purchase, cover basic elements of preparing to sing well and to joyfully use your whole body as your instrument. As the series progresses, you'll apply what you're learning to a simple song you’ll be mastering as we go. Each lesson has a goal for you, to help you understand if you’ve gotten the gist of that lesson's content. It’ll be easy to go back over previous lessons to review, as many times as you want.
I plan to create two more levels of these mini-lessons next year, as a progressive self-guided learning experience.
YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME! CHARTER SUBSCRIBERS who sign up now will:
- receive a 10% discount off the regular purchase price of $150 (use code SINGNOW22)
- receive all the rest of the weekly lesson releases from January through the rest of the spring;
- be invited to join the FaceBook Sing into Joy private group, to exchange experiences, questions and more;
AND be entitled to freebies at the end of the initial 13 sessions!
Please contact me if you’d like to know more.
A GIFT CERTIFICATE can be emailed to you on request, for you to send on to your happy gift recipient.
Here's some information about your teacher - me!
I'm a lifelong singer who began as a folkie in high school and college, then moved to New York City and took up jazz singing, studying with the legendary Lennie Tristano. I then went back into classical music, opera and musical theater, the genres I had grown up with at home. (I was blessed to have two parents who were professional singers and who also sang around the house all the time!) My own professional career began in New York City, then moved to the Hudson Valley in the early 1990's.
In 2014, I relocated with my husband to Milbridge, Maine, a small town on the beautiful Bold Coast near Acadia, to found the Sunrise County Arts Institute, a regional music-and-arts enterprise. In 2020, in response to the pandemic, I moved all my work online, and created "Sing into Joy: Singing as Your Path to Wellness" (www.singintojoy.,org)
In additional to giving many concerts throughout the East Coast, and touring Germany and Spain, I'm the principal artist and executive producer of 2 CDs of contemporary American song on commercial labels, which you can find here in my Etsy shop. And I'm a dedicated teacher, who's taught hundreds of people over the past decades. My voice and my early career had a terrible setback when I was in my mid-30s, because of arrogant, misdirected teaching. I had to learn--with the help of another teacher--how to get my voice back and use it healthily. That experience put me on a mission to spare other people the kind of grief and loss I had gone through because of irresponsible or ignorant teaching. As a long-time member of NYSTA, the NY Singing Teachers Association, I also made an intensive study of vocal health, vocal anatomy & physiology, acoustics, and repertoire.
Speaking of repertoire: I love, sing, and teach ALL kinds of music. As Duke Ellington famously said, "If it sounds good, it IS good."
In addition to this new packaged intro to good singing, I'm available for private online real-time lessons through my website, www.daniellewoerner.com. Or message me here.
One more thing: my 2 commercial CDs are available here in the Etsy shop!
1. Due to the nature of this product, refunds and exchanges are not allowed. But if you buy it and have a problem or a question about it, please contact me and I'll respond ASAP. These first 2 downloadable files are .m4a format for best sound quality. If you need .mp3 files of these instead, let me know. Meanwhile, for the whole series, you'll access the lessons on my YouTube channel, "Danielle Woerner and Sing into Joy"; private links to each lesson will be shared with you.
2. Important: These are lessons designed to help people develop a basic, safe framework for relaxed and effective singing. As pre-recorded lessons they're necessarily both general and gentle in nature. If you are experiencing physical discomfort or vocal strain with anything suggested in these mini-lessons, STOP! and contact me. I'd like to try to help. If you are more vocally advanced and want individual online lessons, please be in touch.
3. LEGAL DISCLAMER: https://singintojoy.org/disclaimer.shtml