Looking for a fun and engaging activity the next playdate or birthday party? Need something to keep kids entertained and occupied? This home escape room is perfect for small and large groups, kids' birthday parties, elementary and middle school classrooms, and family game night. The Escape Room can be completed individually or in small groups.
Transform your home or classroom into a memorable code-breaking adventure for kids!
The only setup you need to do is to print the game cards you receive in the delivery.
- Gameplay: 30-90 minutes (depending on age). There are several hints in the instruction on how to make it longer and more entertaining, depending on your group.
- Ages: 8+ (younger kids can play with the help of an older kid)
- Number of players: Unlimited!
How to Play:
Players will get 10 puzzles to solve. You can either give them the puzzles or hide them and turn them into a scavenger hunt. As they solve the puzzles, they will record the answers on an answer sheet.
The host can provide hints for a price. It can be a 1-2 minute penalty or even a fun activity that the player has to perform, like a song, dance or tell a joke. It all depends on your group and your imagination.
Some puzzles require a decoder. You can provide the decoder or hide it for extra complexity.
While solving the puzzles, the players record their answers on the answer sheet.
When they complete the answer sheet, the host can provide them with the answer key. This is the final decoder ring. The answer key will reveal the answer based on the answer sheet.
The first player to find the final answer wins.
For extra motivation, you can introduce a small prize for the winner.
The following PDF's (digital downloads) will be in your email within minutes after purchase!
- Host Eyes ONLY - Instructions and Hints
- Host Eyes ONLY - Answer Key - Print and hold until the end - give to players that bring a completed answer sheet
- Host Eyes ONLY - Solution
Player Materials - to be printed
- Print For Players - Puzzles and Decoders - one set per player/team
- Print For Players - Answer Sheet - one sheet per player/team
No physical item will be shipped
HOW TO DOWNLOAD:
- After your purchase through your Etsy account, you’ll see a link that says, “View files”. This will take you to the Downloads page. If you don’t have an Etsy account, you'll find a link to download your purchase in the email you'll receive
- For more details, check Etsy’s guide for Downloading a Digital Item: http://www.etsy.com/help/article/3949
This product works best if printed in color because some of the puzzle cards are color-coded and some of the items on the cards look better in color.