SEW IN STYLE Thread Catcher Sewing Pattern, Digital Download, Sewing Accessory, Pincushion Scrap Bag, Fat Quarter Friendly, Curry Bungalow
Digital file type(s): 1 PDF
Say good-bye to all of those messy threads, clippings and cuttings that are generated while in creative mode. My Sew In Style Thread Catcher Pattern is an Instant Digital Download and is a combination pincushion and scrap bag all in one! How clever is that? What would likely hit the floor will now have it's own tidy little landing place. Oh, and don't forget the handy little scissor holder, too!
It's not only a pretty addition to your work space, but oh-so-practical, too! Bet you can't make just one...
These items make great gifts for anyone who sews, quilts, scrapbooks, does bead work or any other activity that produces clippings or cuttings.
The downloadable PDF TUTORIAL STYLE PATTERN includes easy to follow, detailed instructions along with 38 photographs illustrating the steps along the way. There are also fabric cutting instructions, tips and hints.
- Receptacle bag measures 5 1/2" tall by 5 1/2" across
- Pieced Pincushion measures 7" x 3 3/4"
- Pincushion is filled with crushed walnut shells or filling of your choice
- Handy scissor holder
- Removable pincushion is attached to fabric covered tile base with hook and loop tape.
- Non skid rubber backing keeps thread catcher in place on the work surface
- Portable for taking to classes and workshops
Basic sewing skills are needed.
You may wish to purchase the Sew In Style Thread Catcher Pattern/Supply Kit Combo or the single Supply Kit, both available here in my shop.
or... you might want to buy a finished product. Check them out here. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CurryBungalow
Note to buyers - Pattern text is written in English with imperial measurements.
Materials and Supplies needed are:
• Outside Bag Fabric - (1) Fat Quarter
• Bag lining, ceramic tile cover, hanging tab, scissors tab - (1) Fat Quarter
• Contrasting Trim Strip Fabric – 18" long
• Coordinating scraps for pincushion
• Thread to match fabrics
• Ceramic tile – (1) 3” x 6” “Subway” tile (available at hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowe’s)
• Heavyweight Sew-In Interfacing
• Hook and Loop Tape, ¾ inch or 1 inch wide (such as Velcro)
• Crushed Walnut Shells for pincushion or filling of your choice.
• 1 small piece non-slip shelf liner
• Scraps of cotton batting - Warm and Natural type
• Water Soluble or Disappearing Ink Marking Pen
• Ruler – A small clear acrylic quilting ruler works well
• Tacky Glue or other craft glue.
• Optional for Posy - Two coordinating squares of complimentary fabric
One (1) 5 ½” square of HeatnBond Ultrahold Iron-On Adhesive
One (1) button for the center of the posy.
A rotary cutter, clear ruler and cutting mat are helpful for cutting the materials.
Please note that this is an INSTANT DOWNLOAD PDF pattern and NOT a paper pattern or a finished Thread Catcher. This pattern requires Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free download...) to view and print. Instructions are in English and U.S measurements. Once your payment has been accepted, a ‘download’ button will appear and you will be able to download the pattern straight away. If you have any problems accessing the pattern, please convo me and I will email it to you instead. Please remember to include your email address.
If you have not received the email, be sure to check your spam/bulk mail folder.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Instant download items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. Please contact the seller about any problems with your order.
3,289 reviews5 out of 5 stars
Very thorough pattern with clear instructions. Love the outcome!
Just finished making this lovely thread catcher. I’m a fairly novice sewer and the pattern was easy to follow with all the information needed to achieve a perfect outcome. Thank you ❤️
Awesome pattern! Easy to follow and they turned out great!
Very well written pattern. So much fun to make! 😁
Photos from reviews