12" Shiitake Mushroom Log 4"-6" diameter Grow your own Shiitake Mushrooms at Home Organic Fresh
Materials: Oak, sweetgum, love, Shiitake, best gift ever, Organic Mycelium
This is a (1) 12" Shiitake Log that will give you Shiitake Mushrooms for the new 2+ years!
Shiitake mushrooms are delicious in everything from stir-fries and soups to pasta dishes and stews.
Logs are hand-cut and inoculated with shiitake mushroom spores in visible drill holes that are covered in cheese wax.
Logs can be stood upright or laid horizontally for growing.
Metal plaque on underside of log states date of inoculation.
Just soak the log for 24 hours in cold water, mist it occasionally, and watch your crop emerge once the inoculation period is reached! .
12" long, approx. 3"–6" diam.
This strain features a fast spawn run, large, thick, first flush mushrooms with heavy yields! This is a great choice for a first time growers! Great sautéed with butter or EVOO. Toss in your favorite meals and enjoy!
How to Care for your Logs!
• Choose a nice shady spot in your yard for your Mushroom log
• When the spawn run is complete, the mycelium takes 6-12 Months from the inoculation date to start fruiting. When you can see fine white fibers (hyphae) running through the ends of the log they are ready for fruiting.
• Shock the logs to initiate fruiting by knocking one end of the log sharply on hard ground and totally immersing it fully in cool or cold water for 24 hrs . The water should be non-chlorinated, i.e. rainwater or tap water left to stand overnight.
• Once logs are removed from water Mushrooms should appear in 4-10 days.
• You should be able to "Force Fruit" your log every 2 - 3 Months with these soaking. The monthly soaking keeps the moisture content high which the Mushroom Logs need to produce fruit!
• Let the logs rest after each fruiting for 8 weeks. This resting period is for the mycelium to extract more nutrients from the log for more mushrooms.
• The mushrooms can be harvested at any time by taking a sharp blade and cutting them flush with the log at the base of the mushroom; however, it is best to harvest them just after the gills are exposed.
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
543 reviews5 out of 5 stars
It is a very beautiful log. I, like a previous reviewer received a young??? log due to the high demand from the lockdowns and need to wait a couple of months to get the process underway, but I am doing as the Two Fun Guys prescribe, soaking at six week intervals and spritzing so I hope to see a nice flush of Mushies late fall. Fast delivery and product was as described. And it really is a very attractive log. Thanks Guys.
I am soooo excited about this! Arrived in two days and the packaging was amazing! Definitely gift giving quality!
Super impressed with how quick my order was processed and delivered. I was ordering this as a Father's Day gift and it arrived way sooner than I thought. It was well packaged and I'm excited to take the tag off and just stick a log on my dads desk and tell him I got him a log for fathers day. Lol I'll put the tag in the card. Really neat idea, I may have to get myself one!
The log arrived so fast - within days of purchase. I got this as a gift and was planning on hand delivering it right after I got it - but plans got changed and I won't be able to deliver the log for a few more weeks. I asked what to do in the meantime and and the 2 Fun Guys responded immediately. I just hope I don't kill the mushrooms. I don't really have a place to put the log outside, so I took it out of the box and put it in front of a window. It's boiling hot here. So we'll see. I live in an apartment building and I belong to a community garden - but my garden is in full sun. In any case, The log came beautifully packaged with clear instructions and with a really cool metal marker embedded into the log with the date of inoculation. I just hope it survives until I can gift it. I'll keep you posted. Chris
Photos from reviews