7 pairs, ankle socks, 100% Organic cotton, latex free, natural color, Made in USA
Materials: Organic Cotton
I believe that our clothes should be pure, free from chemicals and dyes, and made in such a way that they reduce their impact on the environment. I strive to meet these values by using raw, organic cotton, grown in Texas, spun into yarn in North Carolina, and then knitted and sewn at my home in Maryland.
Before the cotton arrives to me:
- It's certified USDA Organic by the Texas Department of Agriculture
- It's combed for softness and strength
- It's ringspun into yarn for even more softness
Once I get the cotton:
- I use a seamless knitting machine, so there’s no irritating toe seam
- All my knitting and sewing is powered by solar panels on my roof.
- I use my blind stitch sewing machine around the ankle opening. Most people use polyester sewing thread. Mine is 100% Organic Cotton too (it’s the same as the knitting yarn). I wanted to keep it was pure and natural as possible.
- I prewash and dry them once with 7th Generation Free and Clear detergent (97% bio-based), so they are pre-shrunk and ready to wear right out of the mailer
- I leave them the natural, unbleached beige color. You can bleach them white if you want.
- They're sent out in 100% post-consumer recycled mailers
Once you get them:
- They should hold up for over a year
- You can compost them because they're 100% natural cotton
- If you want size larger or shorter, let me know and we can exchange them. The ankle diameter / width is smaller for Men's 4-7 / Women's / 5.5 -8.5.
- If you don't care for them, I can give you an easy full refund.
Note that these are flat knit like a dress sock and don’t have loops on the inside like a hiking sock.
- Is there any elastic? No. They are latex free socks. There is no elastic or polyester. Just 100% Organic Cotton.
- What are these sizes? US shoe sizes
- What if I'm in-between sizes? Go down a size
- How should I wash it? No special care needed. It can handle any wash setting and temperature.
- Will they shrink? A little, but I wash and dry them once to get most of the shrink out.
- Do you make kids' sizes? Unfortunately not. The requires a dedicated, smaller knitting machine.
- Without elastic, will they fall down? No, they are knit to the shape of your heel. It's short enough that it doesn't sag down.
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
574 reviews5 out of 5 stars
So happy to have found these, I had almost given up on nylon/elastane-free socks. I usually wear a 6.5 women's and got the same size sock which was a perfect fit. I got them to wear with my ankle hiking boots and the rise is just enough if I pull up on them a little. Very soft and LOVE that they're compostable. Appreciate the care that went into producing these. They arrived nicely packaged w/o plastic. Great value as well. Will be back for more!
These socks are the best EVER!! This is the 2nd purchase I've made from you and I will be back again and again! Buy these socks people! A++++
amazing. amazing. amazing. amazing. amazing.
It's a miracle. Based on other reviews, I got these socks one size down from my normal size and with the special low cut option for a nearly-no-show look with my summer sneakers. I hiked for 2.5 miles through the woods, and the socks Did. Not. Slip. An inch. I'm in love! I will be buying more.
Photos from reviews