Digital file type(s): 1 PDF, 1 ZIP, 2 other files
Build your own treehouse with these easy to follow plans. The San Pedro design can be built around a single tree, or on posts if you don't have a tree. Standard building materials are used efficiently to keep costs down and avoid waste.
When built in a tree, the trunk passes through the middle of the floor, making a unique and fun focal point inside the treehouse. Two side windows project out from the walls to form seating and to increase the usable space, with windows on other walls providing plenty of internal light and views.
The design uses plywood for the outer layer, so is easy to customize with trim, paint, and cladding like cedar shingles or shiplap. This gives a lot of flexibility in the final look, so you could match the finish of your main house, or create a rustic forest hideaway with the same base structure.
- 8' x 8' platform, with 64 sq ft floor space, of which 55 sq ft is enclosed (minus area of tree trunk)
- Ceiling height is 5'6" minimum, 6'6" maximum
- Door opening is 6' x 2'5" and covered porch area is 3' x 3'
- If building in a tree: a tree between 12" and 20" diameter at floor level is required
- If building on posts: you can incorporate a tree of at least 12" diameter as partial support for the platform, or it can be built free standing without any trees
- Full wood and hardware lists, using materials that are easy to find locally or online
- Tree friendly design, for secure attachment with minimal damage
- No complicated techniques or joints to learn
- Tree passes through the house and roof
- Large door (6' high) to suit adults and children
- Space to sleep for two adults or three children
- Landing with railings
- Treehouse plans in PDF format, ready to download and use on any device
- 54 pages with 61 diagrams (for tree configuration) covering every stage of construction
- Different support options to build in a tree or on posts (free standing or with partial tree support)
- Marginless PDF versions for tablets or ereaders
- 28 day satisfaction guarantee
- Email assistance with the build
The treehouse and supports are fabricated in sections at ground level, then lifted into the tree and fixed together in their final positions. This streamlined process is easier and faster than building everything in the tree, and means you can build most of the treehouse inside a garage or workshop, even in bad weather.
All tree supports require a clear space 6' below floor level and branches above floor level may need to be trimmed to make space for the treehouse. A method of access (stairs, ladder, etc) is not included in this plan and will need to be fitted according to your specific site.
Photos shown are of completed treehouses with some extra trim and paintwork.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
32 reviews5 out of 5 stars
I bought the plans for my handyman to help give him guidance on my expectations for the treehouse. He could have built the treehouse without the plans as he has experience as a builder but for the $40 I felt it was worth it to help communicate my expectations. He modified the plan some to make it fit the existing base and to make it easier to build with existing windows and I am pleased with how it turned out.
The directions work! We might do a few things different to avoid waste but every contractor has ideas for improvement. If you want to follow directions to build one amazing treehouse, this is money well spent. Thank you. These directions saved us hours, if not days, figuring it out ourselves.
Great, simple to follow instructions. My kids look forward to having this treehouse built.
Photos from reviews