Introducing Bo the Bunny! A PDF Pattern!
Bo is a sweet, gentle rabbit with a dimensional nose and quilted ears. Simple embroidered and appliquéd features give Bo his gentle look. His tail is positioned just right so Bo can sit all by himself.
Use wool suiting, felt, flannel, corduroy, cotton, linen, or any soft fabric to construct the body and choose a contrasting cotton for the inner ears and nose. Bo has whimsically placed ears, with one parallel and one perpendicular, so you know he is a a great listener.
Bo’s quick to sew messenger bag is perfect for love notes. With or without the messenger bag, Bo is the perfect companion.
Bo the Bunny is 23" from his toes to the top of his head.
This pattern includes complete instructions, photo figures, and full size templates.
This pattern is suitable for very confident beginners.
Materials you will need:
• 1/2 yard of wool, felted wool, cotton or linen fabric for body (for 45" wide fabric)
• Scrap of cotton fabric or felt for nose
• 3" x 4" piece of muslin or cotton fabric for nose facing
• 10" x 10" piece of cotton or linen fabric for inner ear
• 10" x 10" piece of batting for ears
• 4" x 4" piece of fleece or other fuzzy knit fabric for tail
• Embroidery floss for eyes and mouth
• Waxed linen, waxed dental floss or other stiffer thread for whiskers (optional)
• Coordinating thread
• Cotton or polyester fill
For Bo’s Messenger Bag
• 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of wool, felted wool, or felt fabric
• 12" length of 1/2" or 3/8" wide ribbon or leather strip for bag strap
• 1/2" or 5/8" button
Tools you will need:
• Basic sewing tools
• Chalk, Hera marker or other fabric marking tool
• Walking foot for quilting the ears (optional)
• Bunny patterns provided
Bo Twal patterns are for personal use only. Please do not reproduce without
permission. If you need another pattern, please purchase it so that we can
provide more children with their very own dolls. Thank you so much.
This pattern was designed by Deborah Fisher especially for Bo Twal.
Please email us at contact[at]botwal.org.