Stained Glass quilt pattern (PDF download) by Leslie Edwards @ Quilting Fabrications
Digital file type(s): 1 PDF
I wanted to design a quilt which used several different fabrics but was simple and a pleasure to make. I think I have achieved that aim in this pattern.
The small quilt size can be made using fat quarters. The large quilt size can be made using fat quarters or half yards. The solid fabric (or a fabric that reads as solid) will be the unifying factor.
The smaller quilt I made used large scraps of Marimekko linen. The solid white sashing gives it a fresh, summery look.
The large quilt used all Art Gallery prints though they were not all from the same range. The emerald green sashing makes this version a much richer adaptation of the pattern.
This design could easily be made using stash. Every rectangle could be made different! The pieces in this pattern can be arranged several different ways within the block. Have a play with it and give it your own personality!
SKILL LEVEL: new, rotary cutting, basic sewing,
FINISHED QUILT SIZE: Small—53 inch sq, Large – 70 inch sq
MATERIALS: (provided by you)
Small Quilt Size:
- 9 different pieces of Fat quarters
- Sashing fabric:- 1 yd (1m) solid white fabric
- Binding fabric:- ½ yard (50cm)
- Backing fabric:- 3 yards (3m)
- Batting (inches):- 59 inches sq
Large Quilt Size:
- 16 different pieces of Fat quarters or 8 different half yards
- Sashing fabric:- 2 yds (2m) solid (or reads as solid) fabric
- Binding fabric:- ¾ yard (75cm)
- Backing fabric:- 4 yards (4m)
- Batting (inches):- 76 inches sq
The PDF (digital file) download pattern includes:
- Full color pictures
- Design Notes,
- Full list of fabric requirements, both metric and imperial measurements.
- Detailed cutting plan,
- Layout and assembly instructions including diagrams,
- Quilting Notes,
- Helpful tips,
- An alternate colorway that gives another perspective on fabric selection,
** All quilt patterns have been test quilted to ensure accuracy.
Also check my shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/QuiltingFabrications to find more of my original modern quilt designs.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Instant download items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. Please contact the seller about any problems with your order.
38 reviews4 out of 5 stars
Terrific pattern - thank you
I have some fabric I'd been having a hard time incorporating into a quilt. I think this pattern will work. Thanks
Beautiful pattern and it arrived quickly. Thanks!
Photos from reviews