In 20+ carts
Water Kefir Grains Live Culture Organic Tibicos FREE SHIPPING
Materials: love, molasses, organic raisins, organic apricots, organic figs, organic dates, kefir crystals, organic kefir grains, tibicos, organic cane sugar, blackstrap molasses, spring water, kefir
Live Water Kefir Grains + Fermenting Instructions
Welcome to the wonderful world of water Kefir! Transform your ordinary water into a healthy, probiotic rich beverage in just 24-48 hours. It's fun, easy and highly rewarding.
• Make unlimited water Kefir!
• What you will need:
- Glass vessel - for fermenting in
- Water (non chlorinated)
- Sugar : natural cane sugar works best
- One or a combination of the following : Blackstrap molasses, baking soda (pH balance), dried fruit or lemon wedge for added minerals and nutrients
• How much Kefir grains will I need?
Remembering how much Kefir grains to use is relatively easy. For every cup of water Kefir you want you make, use 1 tablespoon of grains. For 1 gallon of Kefir, use 1 cup of grains.
- YOUR PACKAGE WILL CONTAIN -
❤️ Selected amount of organic live water Kefir grains
❤️ Simple to follow fermenting instructions
KOMBUCHA OR WATER KEFIR?
Water Kefir and Kombucha both deliver so many amazing benefits, so which one is right for you? Maybe both! Below I have listed some facts and benefits of both cultures.
BENEFITS OF WATER KEFIR
• Water Kefir only takes 24-48 hours to brew during primary fermentation.
• Water Kefir “grains” are a type of SCOBY ( symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast ). The name refers to the look of them only, as they are not related to any sort of wheat.
• Inexpensive to make!
• The gift that keeps on giving! Did you know, when properly cared for, your Kefir grains will multiply? That’s right! So give some to your friends and family, eat them plain or make MORE Kefir.
• Water Kefir is a more “general” probiotic for your body ( more mellow )
• Kefir grains are tough. They can be chewed easily, but they are quite resilient by nature.
• Grains can be stored easily! Need a brewing break? Store them in a container with some sugar water, in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. They are tough little guys! Grains can also be dehydrated and stored for up to 6 months ( I do not recommend this - but it may be your only option ).
• Will not only ferment water, but natural fruit juice and coconut water as well.
• Water Kefir tends to be more palatable than Kombucha for youngsters and some adults. Mellow, effervescent, lightly sweetened probiotic drink you can flavor just about any way you like!
BENEFITS OF KOMBUCHA
• Kombucha is brewed with black or green tea making it extra rich in antioxidants.
• Kombucha can be made more light and fruity ( green tea ). Or, you can brew it more bold and earthy tasting ( black tea ). The tea you choose makes a difference in taste. This is a lot of fun when creating new flavors by pairing teas with double ferment fruits, juices and herbs.
• Kombucha is inexpensive to make. Basic green or black tea and sugar. That’s it! The special ingredient is the SCOBY!
• Kombucha is not just a general probiotic beverage. It goes the extra mile! It contains stronger acids and enzymes which you body and gut get a mega boost from.
• Kombucha can help out when trying to kick a sugar or alcohol habit.
• Kombucha contains a small amount of caffeine.
KOMBUCHA / KEFIR COMBO
MILK KEFIR GRAINS
Thanks for visiting!
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
1,555 reviews5 out of 5 stars
I won't lie, this didn't activate for a couple of weeks. I assumed it would wake up on F1 but it didn't really wake up and start working till F3. I contacted the owner of this page and she graciously walked me through how to get them going. I did exactly what she suggested and two days later, those little things were up and thriving. I've now been able to share three cultures with friends and they make a beautiful raspberry, ginger kefir. I do love them! Thanks so much!
I love getting my kefir grains from Sara’s shop! The last batch I had multiplied so exponentially that I had to share it with my friends! Some of the individual grains grew to a diameter of an INCH across!! I had surgery during the summer and unfortunately let my batch go. So I had to order again and knew I had to get them from this shop! These grains look Super healthy, I’ll see how they progress over the next few days! 💛
I made the mistake of assuming I ordered 1/2 cup of the Kifir grains rather than the 1/4 cup I actually ordered. The crystals practically filled up a 1/2 cup loosely. So I made 1/2 gallon with 1/2 cup of sugar. Went through three activating ferment cycles with fresh water each time and the result was way to sweet. So, I did a 4th fermenting cycle and the water was still overly sweet. In spite of this sweetness, the Kefir grains appeared to grow by 50%. So, I bottled the last batch in 16oz bottles after adding 2oz of strawberry puree and left them on the counter for three days. The result was fantastic! It was very fizzy and I had to take a while to release the pressure very slowly over several minutes before consuming.
Sara, Your grains are alway so healthy, robust and vigorous but this batch has outdone itself! In 3 batches, these babies tripled and some of the grains are as big as pencil erasers! They are just amazing. Sara, I'm hoping I don't spill this batch but if I do, I know where to go for more grains!!!!!
Photos from reviews