UPGRADES for Custom Crate Covers
Materials: buttons, velcro, snap fastener, door ties, grosgrain ribbon
This listing is specifically to add the following upgrades along with KoveredUp's custom crate covers
1-4 WK Early From OSH:
- Move up your order's ship date by 1-4 weeks by adding this item to your order. Once it is shipped, estimated delivery in the US is around 3 business days. This listing pays for the work to be done 1 PER ITEM in my personal time/aka overtime, outside of my 7-6pm work hours. Please message me if you choose this option or if you have any questions!
- To see the estimated delivery date for your order:
Go to Etsy.com, click the Your Account icon.
Click Purchases and reviews.
- If available, the estimated delivery date will be to the right of your order.
PLEASE NOTE: it takes 3-5 business days after ship date to receive your item, so if the item is needed by the 15th, calculate ship date as the 10th.
- Fasteners secure the cover onto your crate, reducing the chance of your pup from pulling the cover into the crate, falling off through every day use, as well as preventing it from "flapping out" so it lays nicely against the crate. The front fasteners are connected around the bars of the panels adjacent to the doors, and back corner fasteners (non-adjacent door corners) connect the panels to each other.
Pearl Snap Fasteners
- “Fasten: Snaps + Fixed”: 4 snap fasteners on the front (2 each corner) and 4 permanent ribbon fasteners sewn, connecting the back corners
- Snaps + Enclosed: 4 pearl snap fasteners on the front (2 each corner) and the back corners sewn together
- “Crate fasten: Snaps”: 4 pearl snap fasteners on the front AND 4 on the back corners (2 each corner)
- “Fasten: Velcro & Fixed”: 4 velcro fasteners on the front (2 each corner) and 4 permanent ribbon fasteners sewn, connecting the back corners
- Velcro + Enclosed: 4 pearl snap fasteners on the front (2 each corner) and the back corners sewn together
- “Crate fasten: velcro”: 4 Velcro fasteners on the front AND 4 on the back corners (2 each corner)
- “Fasten: Buttons & Fixed”: 4 button fasteners on the front (2 each corner) and 4 permanent ribbon fasteners sewn, connecting the back corners
- Buttons + Enclosed: 4 button fasteners on the front (2 each corner) and the back corners sewn together
- “Crate fasten: Buttons”: 4 button fasteners on the front AND 4 on the back corners (2 each corner)
Door Fasteners (2 per set/door):
- You can add ties to the your cover's door(s) to keep it rolled securely on the top your crate and/or the velcro door security to keep the door secured when it is down.
- Grommet ribbon door ties: Grommet rings with detachable ribbon allows you to completely remove the ribbons when not in use
- Fixed ribbon ties: One ribbon strap sewn on top and one sewn under the door to be tied when the door is up
- Velcro door fasteners (ribbon straps attached by velcro): Velcro attached to the ribbon, which is attached to a velcro strip under the door to be secured
- Velcro door security (2 sets per door/purchase)
This option helps keep the door secured when it is down. There are 2 velcro fasteners on the bottom of each side of the crate that attaches to velcro from the door to the outside of the cover.
Longer Side as the Door
- If you would like the longer side of your crate to be the door (instead of the short end), there is an additional fee due to the additional fabric that will need to be purchased.
Additional Double Sided Door
- This gives you the option to flip up more than one side of your cover and have both sides with your fabric choice showing (instead of the lining).
Change of Body Inner Lining Color
- If you would like a specific solid color to line the non-door interior other than white/ivory. Color options include black, dark gray, light gray, navy, light pink, and teal
Change of Door Inner Lining
-With this option, you can change the inner lining of the door to be a different fabric so you see a contrasting pattern/color when the door is rolled up
- Your front cover can be weighted with a wooden dowel, which keeps your pup from pulling the door flap into the crate, as well as easy roll up. There is a sewn buttonhole to easily remove the dowel when needed. Please choose the actual length of the crate, not the length of the door that is being used since the cover's shipping weight is reflected in the weighted door pricing.
Top Border Above the Door with Door Fasteners
- This option comes with 2-4 straps attached by velcro to the front top of your crate's door to keep it rolled securely on the front of the border of your crate. You will want to measure from the top of your crate to the top of your door for the width of the border. For doors longer than 31", I would recommend choosing 3-4 straps for more support and to prevent the door from drooping in the middle when rolled up.
* This option is recommended only for crates with space between the top of the crate and above the door.
-You can add pockets onto the back to hold your dogs leash, treats, etc. (please specify how many pockets you would like)
- Back (width) Pockets
- Side (length) Pockets
**It is required to purchase buttons or snaps along with the pockets to prevent the cover from slipping off of the crate or be weighed down.
- You have the option to have me prewash the materials prior to designing your cover, so you are able to wash and dry it at home.
**PLEASE NOTE: pre-washing materials can fade the printed duck cloth.
Change of thread color
- You can change the color of the thread that is used on your cover. I have most colors, but please provide a first and secondary choice just in case.
Add fastener length
- Add length into the fasteners if your crate isn't the typical wire crate, and has corners that need additional length added for the fasteners to be able to extend around and attach
Embroidery and Vinyl Personalization: https://www.etsy.com/listing/785823422/embroidery-or-vinyl-personalization
Dry Clean only. This cover is made from 100% upholstery cotton and washing it may distort the fabric. Spot treatment and ironing on medium heat is okay. If you see any lined markings on your cover, please note that they were used for precision when making your cover and will wash out.
** Please note that KoveredUp does not offer refunds or exchanges, and is not responsible for any issues that arise from any cleaning of this product.
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
1,845 reviews5 out of 5 stars
I highly highly recommend Kovered Up & Rachael. She is incredible with her customer service & attention to detail. I purchased a custom crate cover (because who wants ugly blankets over the crate, right?) and added a few awesome options: weighted door, pearl snaps, an extra door, and ribbon + velcro ties. I also changed the lining color to be a lovely light pink. The crate cover is so beautiful and fits PERFECTLY. I was a little confused ordering at first (my fault, not the shop!) and the owner was so prompt answering my questions. I also just so happened to bump my order up 5 weeks (extra fee) because our pup learned to pull the blanket into her crate. I received the crate cover within 5 days of me paying the fee to expedite my order. Highly highly recommend!!
This cover is AMAZING! My 3 month old puppy loves it and sleeps a full 9 hours lol every night since since I brought her home a week ago. It’s been amazing! Can’t wait to see how she transitions with it as she gets older.
This is well worth the wait! We upgraded to two doors and prewashed fabric, and that was definitely the right choice for us. It looks SO good and fits perfectly. Thank you!!
Beautifully made crate cover!!! Seller is so easy to work with. I had challenges in placing my order. Rachel was quick to reply. I just received my cover yesterday and it’s so well made. Definitely worth the wait. I was reluctant at first because I thought it was pricey but you get what you pay for! The work is remarkable. My mom is a seamstress and commented how well made it was. I can’t say enough!! The fabric is beautiful. I got the Oatmeal Linen. I can’t say enough. 💞
Photos from reviews