Celtic Tree of Life Bag Knitting Pattern
Digital file type(s): 1 PDF
Knit this beautiful, reversible celtic tree of life bag to carry your knitting projects!
The Celtic Tree of Life Bag is a reversible double knit bag with a reinforced base and two handles. It features a Celtic Tree of Life on either side and a Celtic knot design on the ends. It works great as a project bag or for whatever you want to carry. Depending on your mood, you can turn it inside out to reverse the color scheme for a new look!
The finished size is approximately 11” by 10.75” by 3.5” (27.9 by 27.3 by 8.9 cm), not including the handles.
This pattern includes full instructions for double knitting, so it’s a great project for anyone without previous double knitting experience. The color work design is charted, not written instructions.
NOTE: This listing is for a knitting PATTERN ONLY, not a finished product.
- 32” (81 cm) size 6 US (4.0 mm) circular needle.
- Approximately 325-375 yards each of two contrasting colors of aran weight yarn.
- Plastic canvas approximately 3.5” by 11” (8.9 by 27.9 cm) to reinforce the bottom of the bag (optional).
- Stitch markers in two different colors.
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast on.
- Five stitch holders.
- Extra circular needle, flexible stitch holder, or additional scrap yarn.
- Needle to weave in ends.
Save on multiple patterns in my shop!
* 15% off 2 patterns - code NIFTY15
* 20% off 3 or 4 patterns - code NIFTY20
* 25% off 5 or more patterns - code NIFTY25
Sign up for my mailing list to get free patterns, new pattern announcements, and sales: https://www.niftyknitterdesigns.com/mailinglist
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
174 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
The Tree of Life is an important symbol in Celtic culture. This will be a challenging but powerful project for me.
Great pattern, very easy to follow, I was so happy with the result!!
Easy to follow instructions for first time double knitter. Had to work my gauge a few times to get the right needle size.
I knit this in light gray and black and it turned out beautifully! It took a long time, because of the fingering weight yarn, but it was fairly easy if you are already familiar with double knitting.
Photos from reviews