Physician Do Not Retract & Prevention Intact Care Pack
If you or your loved one has found yourself subjected to the malpractice that is forced retraction, you may request that an information pack be sent to the retracting clinician here. Packs are sent by professionals in health care who volunteer time with Saving Our Sons and the Medical Professionals for Genital Autonomy team. Please include a note with your order or email SavingSons [!at] gmail.com with details of what occurred.
Please be sure to include:
• the clinician's name and practice
• the clinician's mailing address
To send materials to a physician BEFORE your baby's birth, or before they start your child's care and ensure they have proper intact care items on hand, please select the prevention pack. A peer-to-peer physician pack of this nature - to ensure a doctor has up to date pediatric literature ahead of time - is slightly different than when forced retraction has already occurred.
Over the years we have received a number of responses from physicians and nursing staff, thanking us for this material, for its respectful delivery, and including notations that a change in their practice has been made. Often, retraction is occurring simply because this is what was taught in medical or nursing school, or because a health care professional picked up the practice from someone they were apprenticing under. It is typically a problem of training, not willful damage.
Items in the clinician's packs include:
1) A cover letter encouraging the physician to review current protocol for the sake of his/her patients, and a note about the retraction epidemic.
2) The current American Academy of Pediatrics, Royal Children's Hospital (Australia), Canadian Paediatric Society, and Paediatric Society of New Zealand's statements on intact care.
3) Citations to practicing physicians' work - those who have composed further articles on the subject matter.
4) An oversized intact care card with bullet points for review.
5) An oversized medical organizations statement card with circumcision positions from around the world.
6) Professional cards with functions of the foreskin featured, and reasons that fellow physicians encourage peers in medicine to not participate in forced retraction or non-consentual genital cutting of minors.
7) Professional card that ties in the American Academy of Pediatrics "Take Charge of Children's Health" slogan, and their awareness raising effort of "Adverse Childhood Experiences" with circumcision and forced retraction.
8) Vinyl intact care stickers, intact care card, and development/care materials to share with this physician a sampling of items families use today as reminders of their child's need for up to date care
9) An invitation to join fellow clinicians at Medical Professionals for Genital Autonomy.
10) Contact information for local leaders, as well as Saving Our Sons, should there be questions, critique, or desire for further correspondence.
All of these items (minus the cover letter) are those that parents can obtain online or compose yourself as well. If you are writing your own letter and would like to include the professionally printed cards listed above, they are available in the "Hospital Stay" or "Daycare" packets here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/526265909/hospital-stay-packet
Please only use the "Do Not Retract" physician pack link if you're having materials mailed directly to a doctor, nurse, midwife, or clinical staff member as all other items are sent to families with any other intact care items available here.
The AAP, RCH and CPS, and PSNZ statements are also currently linked at SOS: http://www.savingsons.org/2015/07/retracting-clinician-information-pack.html
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
631 reviews5 out of 5 stars
LOVE! So happy to have all this info on hand for the hospital or pediatrician for our baby boy arriving any day now! Thank you so much!
I’m so glad this pack is available to help physicians update their knowledge on proper intact care!
They were able to send this directly to the physician, which is amazing. I was even able to personalize the information/education sent for each packet. These are definitely the best looking and most informative Intact Info Packets out there!
Thank you so much for sending this out! I appreciate having professionally made packets available to send out to physicians, it makes all the difference!
Photos from reviews