Custom-made mermaid wedding dress; blue ball gown; beach wedding dress, prom dress; special occasion dress. Bohemian wedding, fairy, goddess
Materials: silk, cotton, embellishments, lace, brocade, embroidery
A custom-made wedding gown or special occasion dress especially for you in the style of the photos shown. This is for a blue mermaid style dress with gorgeous shades of teal and turquoise colours of the sea. However, if you prefer different colours, that's fine too!
Your heart feels like a thousand butterflies trying to escape and you take a deep breath before stepping through the rocky archway...
NB I have availability to work with you straight away, but please note that I won't be available for two weeks in the middle of May and for a week at the end of June.
I love making dresses that are unique to you, so I've decided to create a listing to explain the process and hopefully help you decide if I'm the right person to make the gown for your special occasion. I've tried to be as informative as possible, but if I haven't answered your question here, please send me a message and I'll do my best to help.
Your dress will be made to fit your measurements and in the length and colour or mix of colours of your choice, and in the style of the example photos shown. Please zoom in on these photos so you understand my style of working. (If you like a unique, creative, raw whimsical look, then I'm the right person for you!) I use reclaimed luxury fabrics as much as possible and your dress will be made from scratch by stitching and patchworking them together. Expect plenty of pure silk, brocades, cottons and chiffon. Some pieces may have crystals, embroidery and sequins included. Tutu net is added to the underskirt layer for a fairytale shape.
Here's how the process will work:
- First of all, please check up at the top where I update how long till I can start your dress and if there will be any interruptions. (Mid summer and the run up to Halloween are usually busy times.) Please allow three to four weeks for me to make your dress.
- If that's all fine, and you're happy with everything else I mention here, please purchase this listing!
- Please let me know your bust, waist and hip measurements. Also the length from the top of your shoulder (where your bra strap sits) to the length you would like the dress. Please also let me know which colour or colour combination you'd like. Your dress will include a variety of fabrics; so for a blue dress, you will have a dress with various shades of blue.
*A note about fabric: I am very happy to include any fabrics that have a special meaning to you. Maybe you'd like your Christening gown or part of your grandmother's wedding veil included? Lovely!
- We will probably have a few messages backwards and forwards while I make your dress. I'm happy to keep you updated on progress.
- I will finish your dress with great care and attention. A custom-made dress is a very special thing and I will invest a lot of myself into your piece. I am honoured that you have chosen me to make your dress and I will work my hardest to make sure you receive a beautiful gown that you love.
- I'll wrap it carefully; say goodbye, and post it to you!
Come and take a look at my Threads of a Fairytale shop for more clothing and accessories inspired by wild gardens, castle shadows and romantic adventures: https://www.etsy.com/shop/threadsofafairytale
Please read my policies for how my garments are created and care advice, along with shipping info etc. Please refer to the Indian Summer collection.
*I often share my work on my YouTube channel and Instagram, so please let me know if you'd like to keep your dress a surprise from other people and I won't upload anything till after the date you wear it.
Keep in touch!
www.facebook.com/ThreadsOfAFairytale for news, previews, special offers and handmade children’s clothing for sale.
www.youtube.com/HelenHobden for behind-the-scenes videos.
www.whenIgrowupblog.com for my personal blog.
Feb 16-Mar 8
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
143 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
My costume was even more beautiful in person than in the photos. It fit me perfectly and I received so many compliments on it! Thank you so much!
Helen made a most beautiful, comfortable dress, communicated responsively, and shipped so well and quickly, even Internationally! I couldn’t ask for more and am so grateful to get to wear her art to my brother’s wedding. Many thanks!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL OUTFIT!!! its made so well and looks so pretty! I cant wait till i can rock it when it gets a little warmer out
It was not a long wait at all for the costume to arrive, when it did I was highly impressed with the quality. The fit was excellent, I felt a queen of dragons. It went down a storm at the party with only one drunk Scotsman mistaking me for Shakira (I put that down to the dodgy wig), after realising his mistake he made a point of bowing down with respect whenever I entered the kitchen. Also the Tyroshi honey fingers and lemon cakes went down well. I absolutely recommend this costume to anyone who wishes to be a badass Khaleesi for the evening :-) They now call me Khalisa, I'm not even mad.
Photos from reviews
Water Bottle bag, Glastonbury Festival steel flask carrier, Adjustable Shoulder bag or waist strap for summer festivals, school or holidays
Glastonbury Festival pint cup carrier. Eco friendly cup holder. Accessory for summer festivals, Ideal gift for festival goer
Custom-made fairy wedding dress; ball gown; boho wedding dress, prom dress; special occasion dress. Bohemian wedding, fairy costume
Custom-made fairytale wedding dress; steampunk style wedding dress, Boho bride, Bohemian wedding gown