Sorry, this item sold. Have NaturePunk make something just for you, or try these other items:
Naturally, in order to produce a functional mask, some artistic liberties must be taken, since a wolf, fox, coyote, or any animals' face will not normally fit to cover a human's perfectly.
Even so, each headdress is created by specially treating and stretching the skin over a professional taxidermy form that is carved from foam using the actual body of the animal as reference, ENSURING THAT THE FINISHED PRODUCT IS AS ANATOMICALLY CORRECT AS POSSIBLE while still proving to be functional as a headdress for spiritual and decorative use.
My masks will not have shriveled noses, wrinkled ears, overly-enlarged eyes, or misshapen muzzles. I strive to keep the natural image of the living creature in-tact.
This service includes the cleaning/brushing of the fur, straightening and re-forming of the ears, re-shaping and hardening of the face, supple buckskin straps riveted (not sewn or tied) to the underside of the face, and purification done using moldavite incense - which is said to help aid in spiritual growth and helps channel spiritual energies toward aspects of your life that require them most.
My goal is to create something that will reflect both your personality and spiritual needs.
Though the listing is marked at $1.00, price for your actual headdress depends on multiple variables, including the cost of the pelt, beads, leather, feathers, and other materials used. You can provide your own pelt, or I can find one for you, but keep in mind that I only use second-hand skins, and those from roadkill or confiscated animals, and will therefore have only a limited supply.
Skins which I can obtain on a regular basis and make into headdresses include (but are not limited to):
- Deer (Mule deer, blacktail, and whitetail)
- Fox (Red, silver, Arctic, cross, gray, etc.)
- Fisher (American sable)
- Javelina (Wild boar)
- Ringtail Cat
- Wolf (Gray and Arctic)
Hides which I occasionally have access to include:
- African jackal
- Caribou (Reindeer)
- Coywolf (coyote-wolf hybrid)
- European wild boar
- Pronghorn antelope
- African gazelle (varying species)
- And many more...
Choices for pelts are obviously subject to availability, so if you have something specific in mind, please send me an email or a convo beforehand so I can be sure I'll have what you want.
I will have most North American animals available for headdress creations, except Bear and Cougar. These animals cannot be sold within the State of Oregon, so would have to be provided by you, the commissioner, with proof of out-of-state purchase.
Naturally, price will be significantly less if you can provide your own pelt ($50.00 to $100.00 range).
This is meant to be your headdress, intended for any purpose you see fit. I can customize almost all aspects of your headdress: Added horns, feathers, fur tassels, bells, beadwork....you name it, I can do it! I can also back headdresses in felt or similar fabric for 'tougher' use, such as in re-enactments and the like, to ensure that the leather does not rip or tear. This option is not recommended unless you truly intend to use a headdress for tougher practices.
* Any and all holes in the hide will be repaired.
* The face of the pelt will be specially stretched and treated so it can be made into a mask.
* The process I use in this stage of the creation is different from the way other headdress-makers may create theirs, and produces a lifelike face which will hold its form for years to come without requiring touch-ups, even after prolonged use.
* Two strips of recycled soft-tanned leather will be firmly riveted (not sew or tied) to the sides of the face so you can tie it around your own as pictured.
* You can also wear it strapped to the top of your head by tying the straps under your chin.
* Extra leather straps can be added around the waist, arms, legs, etc.
Perfect for religious purposes, Halloween, plays and performances, Burning Man, bonfire parties, Pow-Wows, costume parties, re-enactors, cosplayers, or anyone who wants to feel more in touch with their inner animal.
Depending on the complexity of your commissioned order, it should take anywhere between two to eight weeks to complete a full fur headdress..
USA customers only, please. Shipping furs overseas is an expensive and complicated process involving a lot of paperwork, which is usually just as expensive as the product itself. Thanks for your understanding.
By Commission Only - Coyote, Wolf, Fox, or Bobcat Skin Headdress
- Handmade item
- Materials: animal skin, fur, pelt, hide, leather, felt, beads, glass beads, feathers, bird feathers, hide glue, skin
- Made to order
- Feedback: 432 reviews
- Only ships to United States from Oregon, United States.