Digital file type(s): 1 PDF
Knit this cute, reversible baby blanket or throw blanket featuring an entire herd of sheep!
Sheep are the source of the beautiful, luxurious wool that many knitters use to knit their creations. They can also be darned cute! The Counting Sheep Blanket has an entire herd of sheep on each side of the blanket. Depending on the yarn you use, it can have white and black sheep, blue and yellow sheep, purple and green sheep, or whatever color combination you can imagine! The blanket also comes in handy for insomnia -- counting the sheep should put you right to sleep!
Double knit, the blanket is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique. The color work design is charted, not written instructions.
The pattern includes two sizes -- baby blanket and throw blanket. The finished size of the baby blanket is approximately 36” x 40” (91 cm x 102 cm). The finished size of the throw blanket is approximately 51” x 56” (130 cm x 142 cm). You could make an even larger version with more repeats of the charts.
NOTE: This is a PATTERN only, NOT a finished product.
* Size 5 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length.
* Size 4 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length (optional for a neater cast on edge).
* For the baby blanket, approximately 1250-1350 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
* For the throw blanket, approximately 2400-2500 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
* Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
* 2-3 stitch markers to mark the edges of the charts.
Save on multiple patterns in my shop!
* 15% off 2 patterns - code NIFTY15
* 20% off 3 or 4 patterns - code NIFTY20
* 25% off 5 or more patterns - code NIFTY25
Sign up for my mailing list to get free patterns, new pattern announcements, and sales: https://www.niftyknitterdesigns.com/mailinglist
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Etsy Purchase Protection
186 reviews5 out of 5 stars
Fab pattern, and the double knit guide was very handy too. Many thanks !
This is so adorable. Double knitting is my favorite technique and this may become my favorite double knit treasure.
Love this, never tried double knit but this pattern explains it so I could understand it. Thanks for sharing your talent!
Photos from reviews