Knit this cute, reversible shawl with an entire herd of sheep on each side!
Sheep are the source of the beautiful, luxurious wool that many knitters use in their creations. They can also be darned cute! The Counting Sheep Shawl has an entire herd of sheep on each side of the shawl. Depending on the yarn you use, it can have white and black sheep, blue and yellow sheep, purple and green sheep, or whatever color combination you can imagine! Wear this sheep shawl to your next knitting meet up!
Double knit, the shawl is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Instructions are included for the double knitting technique. This pattern is fairly complicated, so if you are new to double knitting, I recommend trying a double knitting pattern without increases/decreases first, such as my Counting Sheep Scarf or Cattitude Scarf.
The shawl is worked from the bottom corner up to the top edge. The finished size of the shawl is approximately 56” (142 cm) in width (from side to side) and 22” (56 cm) in height (from bottom corner to top edge). The color work design is charted, not written instructions.
NOTE: This listing is for a knitting PATTERN ONLY, not a finished product.
* Size 2 US (2.75 mm) circular needles - 40” (102 cm) in length or longer is best.
* Approximately 800-850 yards (732-777 m) each of two contrasting colors of fingering weight yarn.
* An extra needle or cable needle (or even a locking stitch marker) that can hold a single stitch.
* 6 stitch markers.
* Needle to weave in ends.
Save on multiple patterns in my shop!
* 15% off 2 patterns - code NIFTY15
* 20% off 3 or 4 patterns - code NIFTY20
* 25% off 5 or more patterns - code NIFTY25
Sign up for my mailing list to get free patterns, new pattern announcements, and sales: https://www.niftyknitterdesigns.com/mailinglist