The color of the hat and the trim are vintage gold-orange with olive green detail. It has a 100% cotton sweatband inside as well as two millinery loops to hold the hat in place. (An elastic band is also available, useful & less visible for longer hair.)
Dear Hat Lover,
Thank you so much for appreciating my creations. All of my designs are handmade out of rabbit fur felt in winter, sewn straw in summer. Every one of them is custom-made to order and sized to fit you perfectly. If you're interested in purchasing one of my hats, you’ll need to know a few things:
HOW TO WEAR YOUR HAT:
• Place hat on head with the label centered in the back.
• Align star on the sweatband with your nose (center front).
• If your hat has millinery elastic, position the elastic in the back of your head, underneath your hair (not in front, underneath your chin). This will secure hat in place, preventing it from flying off in the wind. NOTE: If you don’t need the elastic, you can carefully remove it with a scissor.
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR HEAD SIZE:
Each hat is custom sized. To ensure that your hat is a perfect fit:
• Measure circumference of head (in inches or centimeters) by wrapping a tape measure gently around head right above the ears, making certain tape crosses the midpoint of your occipital bone (the bump in the middle of the back of your head).
• Don’t pull the tape too tightly around head (doing so will result in a hat that’s too tight). Tape should feel as comfortable as you’d like your hat to fit.
• Repeat measurement 2 or 3 times, to ensure accuracy.
HOW TO SELECT A COLOR:
All hats can be custom-made in any color that is pictured on my etsy shop. Keep in mind, however, that colors may vary slightly from season to season and, occasionally, certain shades are out of stock. When placing your order, let me know the color you’d like, and I’ll confirm its availability as soon as possible. In the event the color you’ve selected is unavailable, I’ll provide you with alternatives.
You can also opt to see color samples, which I will be happy to send via email or snail mail (please provide your mailing address). If you have any concerns about the accuracy of colors on your computer screen, this is highly recommended.
HOW TO SELECT THE RIGHT HAT:
Choosing a hat that compliments your face, height, coloring and personal style can be confusing, especially for first-time buyers. Never fear. I'm always available to help with your selection (or confirm that you’ve made the right choice). If you’d like my guidance, please send:
• A photograph of yourself
• The links to a selection of hats that appeal to you
• A list of your favorite colors to wear
I’ll respond promptly with my specific suggestions and thoughts on the hats and colors I think will (and will not) look best on you.
SPECIAL TRIMS AND ORNAMENTS:
I frequently trim and ornament my hats with one-of-a-kind details, such as vintage buttons, antique brooches, ribbons, and feathers. For this reason, the details on your hat may not be exactly the same as those pictured in my etsy shop. Please be assured that I will make every effort to outfit your hat with details that are equally beautiful and from the same time period.
Additional details can be added to the designs in my etsy shop for an additional charge:
• Netting: $60
• Antique brooches and buttons: price varies
FOR HAND SCULPTED HATS ONLY
These hats are all hand sculpted. I will do everything humanly possible to make the hat identical to the one pictured. However, due to the nature of their construction, draping lines may vary from hat to hat. These details are very subtle, and often unnoticeable.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A HAT TO BE CUSTOM-MADE?
It usually takes 3 to 4 weeks for me to custom-create a hat, but during the extremely busy holiday season, it can take up to 5 weeks. If you are buying more the three hats, it may take up to 7 weeks.
As soon as the hat is finished, I will notify you. Then, I will ship your hat in a simple, white hatbox (free) and provide you with a tracking number.
• Round millinery hatbox (optional): $25
Traditional acid-free millinery hatboxes in black-and-white stripes are extremely sturdy, built to last, attractive enough to display, and highly recommended for long-term hat storage and maintenance.
When your hat arrives, please let me know. I hope you will love your hat for a long, long time.