Digital file type(s): 1 PDF
Knit this cute, reversible cat blanket in a baby or throw blanket size!
As a cat owner and knitter, I know it goes without saying that keeping cats away from yarn is a project in itself. With the Cattitude Blanket, I wanted to show the playfulness of a cat going after a ball of yarn, with the yarn ball unwinding as the cat plays. A pawprint border decorates the edges of the blanket. It’s perfect to snuggle under with your kitties!
Double knit, the blanket is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Solid colored yarns show off the design the best, but a subtle heathered or tonal colored yarn can give it a nice uniqueness. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique. The color work design is charted, not written instructions.
The pattern includes two sizes -- baby blanket (pictured) and throw blanket. The finished size of the baby blanket is approximately 40” x 39” (101 cm x 99 cm), and can also work as a small lap blanket. The finished size of the throw blanket is approximately 50” x 55” (127 cm x 140 cm). See the image showing the comparison of the dimensions.
NOTE: This is a PATTERN only, NOT a finished product.
* Size 5 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length.
* Size 4 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length (optional for a neater cast on edge).
* For the baby blanket, approximately 1400-1500 yards (1280-1372 m) each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
* For the throw blanket, approximately 2400-2500 yards (2195-2286 m) each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
* Stitch markers: 9 stitch markers for the throw blanket, 7 stitch markers for the baby blanket.
* Needle to weave in ends.
Save on multiple patterns in my shop!
* 15% off 2 patterns - code NIFTY15
* 20% off 3 or 4 patterns - code NIFTY20
* 25% off 5 or more patterns - code NIFTY25
Sign up for my mailing list to get free patterns, new pattern announcements, and sales: https://www.niftyknitterdesigns.com/mailinglist
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
186 reviews5 out of 5 stars
Too bad no explanations in French, if not very pretty
I've never done double-sided knitting before, but the instructions included in the pattern were super easy to understand and let me hit the ground running on this project. The pattern itself is extremely clear and having the marker placements written up as well as shown on the chart has been a huge help. Very excited to get this project knit up!
Very easy to order and download. Extremely detailed pattern with excellent "How to" pages.
I haven’t made this yet but I have read the instructions through. It will be a new technique for me. The descriptions are quite clear and I can’t wait to get started!
Photos from reviews
Browse collections for more inspiration