Squeeze Me - Handmade Wooden Kaleidoscope
Materials: lampwork glass, cherry wood, maple, artglass
Squeeze Me is my reintroduction into scopes after many years hiatus! Incredibly, the mandala at its widest is 5 points and with a simple “squeeze” tightens to many points.
The maple and cherry woods have a hand-rubbed, oil finish that brings out the luster of the wood and offers an incredibly soft feel. My work is always innovative, and Squeeze Me is true to that legacy. It has a 2-mirror, polyangular system with a smooth wooden toggle on the side of the barrel that is used to adjust the angle of the mirrors.
• On its stand, it measures 10 1/2″ high and 8″ deep.
• Liquid filled image cell filled with a selection of bold colored lampworked glass.
• The image has a crisp clean center star and the outside of the image has a dreamy/watery look or with the Crinkle model, the surrounding image has a glittery look.
• Squeeze Me is an open edition.
• The scope sits in a stand and can be viewed as a parlor scope or it can be easily lifted out of the stand and used as a hand held kaleidoscope.
• A button on the side of the barrel is used to control the angle of the mirrors in relation to each other changing the number of points in the star.
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
12 reviews5 out of 5 stars
I collect kaleidoscopes from many well known, expert designers. I ordered the Squeeze Me and the Peeps scopes from Steve, who is wonderful. My feedback after two weeks? These are the BEST scopes that I own. Why? Well, the Youtube videos don't do a great job showing how crystal clear and vibrant the Squeeze Me scope appears. The colors are SO vibrant and bold! It WILL shock you once you get it. Also, the eye opening is VERY large which makes a huge difference. The wood finishing is elite quality. The Peeps scope is not as crystal clear and the eye opening is much smaller but the effect it produces is like none I've ever seen. In the right lighting the scope produces a futuristic tunnel of incredible thin, colorful, lightning waves and flashes. I can't put either of them down! They are so unique and gorgeous. I'm THRILLED!
What a clever way to display this incredible kaleidoscope! The woodwork is perfect and such great quality. I can't wait to save up an buy another for my collection. Such talent! Thank you.
the kaleidoscope is a true work of art and the optics are amazing. It's so interesting to be able to change the "number of mirrors" and change the perspective (number of points in the mandala) that brings the vision to light. Steven was very very helpful. Exactly what I wanted and more.
ABSOLUTELY Exquisite. The workmanship and beauty of this piece blew me away. You won’t find anything else like this anywhere. So uniquely designed and a must have piece in any home. Store owner is a true craftsman.