Whoa! You can't favorite your own shop.

Whoa! You can't buy your own item.

Whoa! You can't favorite your own item.

Whoa! You can't add your own item to a list.

Add this item to a treasury!

Close
You don't have any treasuries yet. Enter a title below to create one.
Close

This item has been added.

View your treasury.

Like this item?

Add it to your favorites to revisit it later.
Request a custom order and have something made just for you.
Libyan Desert Glass has a gemmy translucency, unusual yellow colour and is a light-weight material. When I acquired my first pieces of rough I decided it had to be cut to show its inner beauty so that’s what I did! There are so little pieces available on the market, as seen by the few listed on Etsy, and I hope you will be lucky enough to get some of the few pieces I have and am offering of this rare material. I know I am one of the few people cutting this material. This piece measures 10x10mm and weighs 1.88 carats
King Tut had a funerary breastplate with a centerpiece of a large carved Scarab from Libyan Gold Tektite.

Please look at my other listings for more custom pieces
Included in your purchase price is a felt bag (you can request but I do not guarantee a color) to keep your new treasure in as well as an information card

Libyan Desert Glass, ONLY comes from the White Desert in Egypt, is also known as Libyan Gold Tektite. Between 25 and 50 million years ago million years ago a meteorite, or comet struck, or exploded above, the Earth in this spot although its crater has not been found The impact vaporized the rock and sand reaching temperature in excess of 950 degrees F. and blowing it high into the atmosphere. This material then cooled and solidified then fell back to Earth as a “TEKTITE. Tektites in general are formed this way. Libyan Desert Glass is one of these rare tektites although unique in that is almost 98% pure silica The remaining 2% is clay minerals and rare Earth elements (part of the Meteor or Comet itself Iridium a Platinum relative). Cristobalite, a high temperature form of silica (Quartz) are tiny inclusions of the glass as well. The Libyan Tektites were later sculpted and smoothed into beautiful shapes by the desert winds in areas where long narrow gaps of bedrock is exposed .

METAPHYSICAL BELIEFS. It's also thought to be a stone of abundance, increasing sales and profits in your business, and creating good luck. Having powerful energy it aids in learning, especially spiritual pursuits. Excellent for bringing people together, as it increases new ideas and meeting of the minds. It is also used to balance the nervous system, treatment of tumors and growths. Activates the Thymus and builds the immune system.It also helps in memory recall. Libyan Gold Tektite resonates with all Chakras, especially the Solar Plexus and Sacral Chakras. It promotes confidence, mental acuity, access to Akashic records, manifestation and realization of personal power. Has also been used for stomach and digestive complaints, and helping with the symptoms of arthritis.

Libyan Desert Glass Tektite RARE faceted pear stone Meteor Comet Origin RESERVED for URDEVI


Overview

  • Materials: libyan desert glass, tektite, cristobalite
  • Ships worldwide from United States
  • Feedback: 842 reviews