Whoa! You can't favorite your own shop.

Whoa! You can't buy your own item.

Whoa! You can't favorite your own item.

Whoa! You can't add your own item to a list.

Add this item to a treasury!

You don't have any treasuries yet. Enter a title below to create one.

This item has been added.

View your treasury.

Like this item?

Add it to your favorites to revisit it later.
Ganesh pendant made of silver pmc precious metal clay on a dark brown faux leather braided cord. In the the Hindu tradition, Ganesh is considered to be the god of wisdom and remover of all obstacles.

See more from the sanskrit collection here:

This is from my collection of PMC (precious metal clay) pendants. PMC is more pure than sterling silver. It contains particles of pure silver mixed with an organic binder. When the binder is burned away during firing, it leaves a pendant of 99.9% pure silver.

***What is PMC? PMC comes from a method that was developed by Mitsubishi in the 1990s. It allowed for precious metals to be combined into a type of clay that could be used to make jewelry and other products. Very eco-friendly, made from recycled products! I am even able to use the leftover clay and “mistakes” again by re-constituting the clay and creating a new product.

***Is PMC better than sterling? The difference between PMC silver and sterling silver is that PMC is 99.9% pure silver. Sterling is only 92.5% silver with the remaining 7.5% composed of other metals, usually copper. They look, wear & polish the same, but PMC is more "pure" and is, therefore, more costly and often considered more valuable than sterling.

I've made a clay mold out of a ganesh figure, then pressed the silver clay into it to create the pendant.

The pendant is handcrafted by me, then fired with a torch. After that, it was dipped into a solution to give it an antiqued patina, then tumbled to polish it to a high shine.

This piece is definitely unique, containing tiny marks and faint fingerprints on the back of the pendant where i worked and formed the clay. I decided to keep these because it shows that the pendant is made by hand and one of a kind.

PENDANT: 1/4 inch
CORD LENGTH: 18-20 inches, adjustable

Shipping - item arrives in a gift box, is securely packaged, and usually ships the same or next day after your payment has cleared

Recent feedback for Moondog Treasures:
"SUPERB to work with! Fabulous seller! Kept me well informed thru the whole transaction and made a BEAUTIFUL gift for my sis. THANK YOU!! A+"

For more spiritually-inspired jewelry designs, see http://www.etsy.com/shop/moondogtreasures

Hand-made jewelry with a prayerful purpose. Yoga jewelry for women and men, mala bracelets, mantra necklaces, and wire-wrapped beaded crosses. Materials include quality gemstones, pmc (precious silver), thai silver and tierra cast silver.

~~~TWITTER: twitter.com/moondogtreasure~~~
~~~BLOG: http://moondogtreasures.blogspot.com/~~~

Yoga Necklace with Ganesh Fine Silver Pendant on Black Braided Cord


  • Handmade item
  • Materials: pmc, precious metal clay, precious silver, precious clay, pure silver, faux leather, silver plate on clasp
  • Ships worldwide from United States
  • Feedback: 320 reviews
  • Favorited by: 11 people