Digital file type(s): 1 ePUB
This listing is for an INSTANT DOWNLOAD .epub file, which you can access via the free Google Books, Nook, and Apple Books apps, among others.
Maybe you’ve encountered tips on how to stop in the past. While they probably helped, they never took you all the way. The BFRB Guide teaches you why you weren't healing before and, more important, how to start healing now.
Almost no time will be spent on what a body-focused repetitive behavior is, or who tends to have one. You know what a BFRB is, you have one or a few, and you just want to stop.
While you may have even come to believe healing isn’t possible, it’s absolutely possible for you to overcome your BFRB.
For seventeen years, author Lauren I. Ruiz Bloise compulsively skin-picked before developing these four steps, which she later learned correlate with proven body-focused repetitive behavior (BFRB) treatments.
That said, this guide is simple, not medical or academic.
Despite the complicated names for these disorders (excoriation, dermatillomania, trichotillomania, onychophagy, dermatophagia), HOW TO HEAL YOUR BFRB is a reader-friendly guide that walks you through concrete steps so you can feel in control rather than desperate, confident rather than ashamed—so your hair, skin, or nails can be nicer, clearer, and fuller.
Join others who are already healing.
Take the chance.
After all, the BFRB Guide is more affordable than (or about as affordable as) one high-quality skin or hair care product, only it’s much more beneficial than even the best beauty product you can buy.
THIS EBOOK IS FOR YOU IF...
• You have dermatillomania (SKIN PICKING), trichotillomania (HAIR PULLING), onychophagia (NAIL BITING or chewing), dermatophagia (SKIN BITING or chewing), or any other disorder in the long list of compulsive BFRBs.
• You target blemishes (zits, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, milia), ingrowns, and the like.
• OR you target hairs (on head, lashes, brows, beard); nails, fingers, cheeks, feet, scalp, nose, eyes; or something else.
• You’ve tried over and over to stop, to no avail.
• You’ve covered mirrors, used gloves, downloaded apps, or marked a calendar, among many other things.
• You’re unsure why you do it.
• OR you have an idea of why you pick, pull, or chew, but you still haven't been able to heal to a meaningful extent.
While the BFRB Guide is intended to be followed by teens and adults who have a BFRB, if your family member (child, partner, parent) or friend has a BFRB and you want to help them, you are welcome to download and read the BFRB Guide. The more you know about how people are overcoming these behaviors, the more you can support them.
Even if you have made progress on your own, or encountered treatments for how to stop picking or pulling already, HOW TO HEAL YOUR BFRB may give you new insights and further healing and encouragement.
HOW TO HEAL YOUR BFRB is not about anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), addiction to substances or alcohol, or any of the other mental health conditions related to body-focused repetitive behaviors, but it’s understood that you may have one or more of these disorders too. To make recovery easier, you're highly encouraged to address any of these alongside reading the book, and thereafter.
That said, all are welcome!
“Wow, I know a book can only do so much, but yours exceeded my expectations. A lot! I came away with:
• Confidence that I can be in control of my BFRB health (and other areas of my health)
• More acceptance of myself
• Tools and guidance to help me take better care of myself
• The desire and motivation to experience the 3 items above
It was about more than healing a BFRB. There were several points where I was moved by the caring messages you conveyed. You were talking to and caring about ME.”
—Teresa G., Vermont, USA
"Fantastic book with a holistic and logical approach to help control and overcome body focused repetitive behaviours. For me, dermatillomania has hindered my full potential and for the longest time I tried to face it with just sheer willpower alone, not really knowing where to start apart from thinking 'Just don't pick!'.
It's the same as telling a smoker to stop smoking! This book will help you to curb your urges and triggers and feel more in control, as long as you follow all the advice and trust yourself and the process. I'm looking forward to healthier skin and a happier me."
WHY A GUIDE?
• You can access it wherever you are, whenever you'd like. There's no need to travel, schedule an appointment, worry about availability, or wait—you can start healing right away.
• Whether you meet with a therapist for $100+, or a coach like me who knows just what you're going through for less, the BFRB Guide is still much more affordable.
If you have any questions at all about the BFRB Guide, message me, and I'll respond asap. Or stay in touch:
1. Favorite this item. <3
2. Sign up for the newsletter (emails are infrequent and you'll never be spammed): healyourbfrb.com/sign-up.php
Click Add to Cart and receive the BFRB Guide right now!
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Instant download items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. Please contact the seller about any problems with your order.